Obama’s weak and unnecessary war authorization

Congress and the President have also enacted authorizations for the use of force rather than formal declarations of war. Such measures have generally authorized the use of force against either a named country or unnamed hostile nations in a given region. In most cases, the President has requested the authority, but Congress has sometimes given the President less than what he asked for. Not all authorizations for the use of force have resulted in actual combat. Both declarations and authorizations require the signature of the President in order to become law.

I’ll wait while you find the ”CONSTITUTIONAL ARTICLE OR AMENDMENT” That authorizes the Congress to authorize acts of war by any other authorization other than a ”DECLARATION OF WAR." I won’t hold my breath.:cof1:

You do know that it’s illegal and unconstitutional for the Congress and or the President to do anything not expressly authorized by the Constitution, unless the Constitution is amended to allow it don’t you?:dunno::cof1:

In contrast to an authorization, a declaration of war in itself creates a state of war under international law and legitimates the killing of enemy combatants, the seizure of enemy property, and the apprehension of enemy aliens. While a formal declaration was once deemed a necessary legal prerequisite to war and was thought to terminate diplomatic and commercial relations and most treaties between the combatants, declarations have fallen into disuse since World War II.

I’ll wait while you find ”THE CONSTITUTIONAL ARTICLE OR :cof1:AMENDMENT” that authorizes the Congress to authorize a President to conduct acts of war without a formal Congressional declaration of war, or any acts of war to be conducted by any President without a formal declaration of war from the Congress.

I won’t hold my breath!

The laws of war, such as the Hague and Geneva Conventions, apply to circumstances of armed conflict whether or not a formal declaration or authorization was issued.[/i]

The laws of war such as the Hague and Geneva Conventions, are not the ”CONSTITUTION” of the United States.:cof1:

You do know that the Constitution Of The United States is the rule of all law for the United States, don’t you?:dunno::rofl2:

Congress doesn't just declare war willy nilly; it requires the Commander and Chief to request a declaration,

I’m still waiting for you to produce the “CONSTITUTIONAL ARTICLE OR AMENDMENT” requiring that the Congress must have to be requested by a President before Congress has the sole authority and duty to declare a war.:cof1:

You do know don’t you that ”THE CONSTITUTION” is the rule for all law in America?:dunno::cof1:

The next one is; who would Obama declare war on? ISIS is not a sovereign nation or a state and has already clearly stated he is not at war with radical Islam and refuses to use the term.

Of course you’re going to produce a constitutional article or amendment that mandates the Congress to be restricted to ONLY declaring wars on ”a sovereign nation or a state”, right? I’ll understand if you can’t and don’t:rofl2:.:cof1:

In 1862, the Supreme Court opined that the President "has no power to initiate or declare a war," but if there were an invasion, "the President is not only authorized but bound to resist force by force...without waiting for any special legislative authority." Prize Cases (1863).

On the other hand, the Constitution distinguishes between "declaring" war and "engaging in" (see Article I, Section 10, Clause 3) or "levying" war (see Article III, Section 3, Clause 1). Moreover, there is no express requirement of legislative consent in other sections of the Constitution or in earlier documents before the President may commence hostilities.

Declarations of war alter legal relationships between subjects of warring nations and trigger certain rights, privileges, and protections under the laws of war. According to Grotius, declarations gave notice of the legal grounds for the war and the opportunity for enemy nations to make amends and thereby avoid the scourge of war. It served notice on the enemy's allies that they would be regarded as cobelligerents and their shipping subject to capture. Under a declaration of war, one's own navy and privateers could not be treated as pirates by the enemy, but on the other hand one's own citizens were subject to prosecution if they dealt with the enemy.

http://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/1/essays/49/declare-war

I’m still waiting for you to produce the “CONSTITUTIONAL ARTICLE OR AMENDMENT” requiring that the Congress must have to be requested by a President before Congress has the sole authority and duty to declare a war.:rofl2::cof1:

You do know don’t you that ”THE CONSTITUTION” is the rule for all law in America?:dunno::rofl2:

I’ll wait while you find the ”CONSTITUTIONAL ARTICLE OR AMENDMENT” That authorizes the Congress to authorize acts of war by any other authorization other than a ”DECLARATION OF WAR." I won’t hold my breath.:cof1:

You do know that it’s illegal and unconstitutional for the Congress and or the President to do anything not expressly authorized by the Constitution, unless the Constitution is amended to allow it don’t you?:dunno::cof1:

I’ll wait while you find ”THE CONSTITUTIONAL ARTICLE OR :cof1:AMENDMENT” that authorizes the Congress to authorize a President to conduct acts of war without a formal Congressional declaration of war, or any acts of war to be conducted by any President without a formal declaration of war from the Congress.

I won’t hold my breath!

I'm still waiting for you to present the constitutional text that restricts a congressional declaration of war to a sovereign nation or a state.:cof1:

Looks like you're lost for any rational evidence for your absurd mumbling, huh Clueless? :rofl2:

Back