Oh great--Hurricanes with African names

Storm names

It is strange that anyone would want African names to be used to name hurricanes. In the 70s, women fought against naming hurricanes only with women's names because they felt that it was degrading to women. Now, it is affirmative action that is called upon to give Blacks the notoriety they have missed out on by not having Hurricane Tawana.

Lets recap. Women objected to having hurricanes named after them and now affirmative action is used because Blacks object to not being included by not having African names used in naming hurricanes. What do Black women have to say on this?

It is strange that anyone would want African names to be used to name hurricanes. In the 70s, women fought against naming hurricanes only with women's names because they felt that it was degrading to women. Now, it is affirmative action that is called upon to give Blacks the notoriety they have missed out on by not having Hurricane Tawana.

Lets recap. Women objected to having hurricanes named after them and now affirmative action is used because Blacks object to not being included by not having African names used in naming hurricanes. What do Black women have to say on this?

It's a black woman's idea. You're gonna have to ask Sheila Lee Jackson. Who woulda figured ?

I guess it comes down to this - Is Sheila Lee Jackson more black or more female? It is not clear who she represents.

Odd---the entire Democrat Party has just had to go through that same identity crisis. It was pretty rough on em.

Is the name attached to a storm really much of an issue? If someone wants some african names, then lets us some african names.

I can see why an ethnic group would want to be included. But I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone else would care?

I promise, when I was worried that the rising waters would get into my house, and the trees were blowing down, the last thing on my mind was the ethnic background of the name 'Ivan'.

Is the name attached to a storm really much of an issue? If someone wants some african names, then lets us some african names.

I can see why an ethnic group would want to be included. But I cannot, for the life of me, understand why anyone else would care?

I promise, when I was worried that the rising waters would get into my house, and the trees were blowing down, the last thing on my mind was the ethnic background of the name 'Ivan'.

Ask Sheila Lee Jackson !!! It sure as hell wasn't my idea.

What is so funny is that some feminist thought it was insulting to give a storm a woman's name and not a man's name. Now, someone is upset that African names are not included.

What is so funny is that some feminist thought it was insulting to give a storm a woman's name and not a man's name. Now, someone is upset that African names are not included.

It's not funny. No one cares about this but stupid righties who blow a load everytime a black person says something about inequality in anyway at all. It's the right-wing version of PC.

It's not funny. No one cares about this but stupid righties who blow a load everytime a black person says something about inequality in anyway at all. It's the right-wing version of PC.

Exactly how stupid are you ? If blacks think getting hurricanes named after some African is a step toward equality then it's no wonder they are lagging behind. How a hurricane named kuntalaquisha going to help their cause ?

Oh great--Hurricanes with African names

This is horrible!

Good job exposing more insidious and ubiquitous "liberal hypocrisy".

This is the fnal straw. Your powers of persuasion on critical issues is impressive. I'm voting Republican.

Personally I don't understand why anyone would give a rat's @$$. Including this Texan rep.

Personally I don't understand why anyone would give a rat's @$$. Including this Texan rep.

I have just heard from representatives of the cockroaches in Texas. They are offended that you and others always talk about the rat's ass from NY and do not include them. From now on, you should alternate between 'not giving a rats ass' and 'not giving a cockroaches ass' about things. Damn liberal northeastern rat loving elitists.

I have just heard from representatives of the cockroaches in Texas. They are offended that you and others always talk about the rat's as s from NY and do not include them. From now on, you should alternate between 'not giving a rats as s' and 'not giving a cockroaches as s' about things. Damn liberal northeastern rat loving elitists.

Rat's @$$es have a lot more substance.

Back