Oh great--Hurricanes with African names

Why pray tell was this an issue to you?

What she is suggesting makes perfect sense, They need more names to seperate the storms in time and these names are names like any others.
I really dont find any problem with hurricain Deshawn in lew of hurricain Dennis?

Really? I think its a stupid detraction and quite frankly, she could be making better use of her time as an elected official.

I get you Tia but I really dont see what about this causes Dillo to say "Oh Great" as if it is some kind of problem?

You have to remember this it WND news and they will make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I bet this was just a comment by her.

I get you Tia but I really dont see what about this causes Dillo to say "Oh Great" as if it is some kind of problem?

You have to remember this it WND news and they will make a mountain out of a mole hill.

I bet this was just a comment by her.

Even commenting on something that in my opinion is so silly shows bad judgement as a politician.

Well the lady is not really known for her wise statements but I really dont understand why anyone whould have any problems with names of any ethnic group being used is beyond me.

I dont give a rats ass it the hurricain is named Ling or laura. I just dont see how it matters.

Names are no more African than they are American or European or Australian... Names are merely names.

Geesh.

Why is Katrina any more of an American name than it is a German name?

Well the lady is not really known for her wise statements but I really dont understand why anyone whould have any problems with names of any ethnic group being used is beyond me.

I dont give a rats ass it the hurricain is named Ling or laura. I just dont see how it matters.

it doesn't. Which is why its really not even worth getting bombastic simpletons all riled up. I wouldn't be suprised if a few cons on this board lost some sleep over the topic.

Names are no more African than they are American or European or Australian... Names are merely names.

Geesh.

Why is Katrina any more of an American name than it is a German name?

Katrina sounds more Swedish to me.... why you have to leave them out? Why do you hate the Swedes?

Katrina sounds more Swedish to me.... why you have to leave them out? Why do you hate the Swedes?

See the can of worms you open?

I say they put all the first names of every American in a random name generator. If that names been picked before onto the next. No one can complain.

ZOMG?!!?1??!/

ZOMG?121/1?!

DIVERSITY\?!/1/1?! I CONSERVATIVE SEMLL DIVERSITY?!!?!? ZOMG?!!/!?1 WHY DOES DIVERSWIYT EXIS?! IT MAKE MNO SENSE HAHAHAHAHAH?1!/1? HURICAN E OSMAMA ROFFLE1/

zomg

I'd like a Cyclone Bruce or a Cyclone Shaz or a Cyclone Baz or a Cyclone Kez (Kez is good because it can be a bloke or a sheila). I'd like to suggest some indigenous names but that would be difficult because culturally there's a prohibition (for a period of time) in using the name of a deceased indigenous person and saying Cyclone Kumantjayi might be offensive (Kumantjayi or similar is used instead of the recently deceased person's real name).

I vote for Cyclone Kez myself :clink:

wtf - this is new of note?

Who cares.

usc

i find it hard to believe that anybody actually likes bushco :eek:

as for the foregoing - if it is that important, then do it - i do not care either way

how about naming them after american and african nations but only ones north of the equator :clink:

If hurricanes increase dramatically because of global warming I am sure we will change the naming convention to something less memorable anyway. Like storm 3x2qqyy7.

Really? I think its a stupid detraction and quite frankly, she could be making better use of her time as an elected official.

Exactly --Like actually doing something that benefits people maybe ? Another example of the kind of mindset people are coming from who claim to be fighting for equal rights when in reality her comment was a trite bone to throw to her constituency ( the black ones that is ). It trivializes any discrimination to suggest that the naming of a hurricane is going to change anything. Can't wait for hurricane OJ .

If hurricanes increase dramatically because of global warming I am sure we will change the naming convention to something less memorable anyway. Like storm 3x2qqyy7.

usc

yes, politicians must not let the voters dwell on anything negative...like genocidal wars in non-oil producing nations or hunger due to rising food prices due to using food to create oil substitutes

to many americans just cannot do without their muscle cars

Back