Oil prices soar

Yeah, I tempted to install a very big hamster wheel under the hood with popcorn starter.....still in the design stage now.....:palm:

Um.... a lot of public transportation has already been converted. Buses, taxis and those wonderful police who keep pulling you over for driving with your head up your ass.

As I stated, it is not the technology we are lacking, it is the infrastructure.

Soon.....very, very soon....the left-wing pinheads will be asking, "why aren't we drilling in Anwar and the Gulf of Mexico and California, and
E V E R Y W H E R E "
:):):)

Because it will take 7 years before we begin to see production...

dont' act like it's a practicle choice though.
It'd be practical for me though, I have access to fleet fuel farms if I so desire. Or I can be a lil sneaky at work and order it for company use (both my truck and my Vic are work cars).

cool, again I'd love to hear about a successful conversion. Especially one with the flip fuel swithc. Those could be practicle quickly to the masses. good luck

There are several things we can do to replace part of the oil we consume. We have the tech today to switch to nat gas vehicles. We just need to build out the infrastructure.... and of course drill our nat gas resources. So 5-10 years out minimum.

As for right now... oil is hardly dirt cheap... though it is pretty close to fair value under the circumstances.

Yea, right now $100/barrel appears to be the market price that promotes the development and infrastructure for alternative fuels. When it drops below that level, people forget real fast it seems.

Um.... a lot of public transportation has already been converted. Buses, taxis and those wonderful police who keep pulling you over for driving with your head up your ass.

As I stated, it is not the technology we are lacking, it is the infrastructure.

Yup, you're right and that infrastructure won't be built until oil becomes either to expensive or to scarce for practical use.

Yup, you're right and that infrastructure won't be built until oil becomes either to expensive or to scarce for practical use.

Which is a huge part of the problem. It is the 'shutting the barn door after the horse is out' type of situation.

We can't wait until the problem hits us in the face to make the shift. It takes too long to build out the infrastructure and convert the vehicles. We need to do this YESTERDAY.

Which is a huge part of the problem. It is the 'shutting the barn door after the horse is out' type of situation.

We can't wait until the problem hits us in the face to make the shift. It takes too long to build out the infrastructure and convert the vehicles. We need to do this YESTERDAY.
I agree but there are several issues that are preventing that from happening. #1. The price of oil isn't high enough yet to make enough people uncomfortable to drive that change, #2. Those who are currently invested heavily in petroleum infrastructure will resist that change ferociously and #3 people just don't like change and will resist it.

Is it short sighted? Damned skippy it is but I doubt we see serious change on the infrastructure until some economic crisis occurs.

The sad thing is I can see no better way to jump start our economy and make a bunch of new millionares then by having a national energy infrastructure project.

above would be great for our domestic energy companies as they now have aquired significant NatGas reserves. I think your vested fighting by old liners is greatly exagerated. Obama's $30,000 credit per pump is a good start, much more is needed.

above would be great for our domestic energy companies as they now have aquired significant NatGas reserves. I think your vested fighting by old liners is greatly exagerated. Obama's $30,000 credit per pump is a good start, much more is needed.
I agree. We need a more organized public/private partnership where the Feds can help the private sector defray some of the risk of developing a new energy infrastructure. It would be good for our economy and it would be good for national security.

I prob overstepped, big fights against electic refill stations may likely come from the fossil fuel industry. They won't fight NattyGAs.

Back