Ok, I admit I was wrong about global warming

And by the way Damo, your two little cyber-brats, whom i am convinced you fathered, Grind and Water, are hitting on me on profile pages, and when I told them to knock it off because it grosses me out to have two guys young enough to be my sons doing that, they started caling me old enough to be their grandmothr and "old lady".

You can consider this an official complaint, since I can think of no better place to file it than one of tincan's stupid threads.
I fathered? I wasn't even there!

Yeah like those first guys that said the earth was not flat or the center of the universe.
conservatives really hated them.

You are correct.... those that are so beholden to their glorious consensus are much like those that denied all evidence that the earth was not at the center of the universe.... because consensus told them too.

Man, not a freaking peep about the fricken climate models that overstate the effect of CO2. Not a word.

Does this revelation affect anyones confidence in climate models? Simple question.
Are you willing to give up more of you hard earned income to support faulty premises based on flawed models?

I've never said climate models are perfect. In fact, they tend to be all over the board.

I'm willing to give up hard-earned income for a variety of reasons. National security & pollution top the list; I really don't think there is a huge amount we can do about global warming at this point, barring revolution. Oh, and I also think funneling research money to domestic alternatives will end up boosting the economy, not hurting it.

Btw...did you realize that one of the articles you posted talks about natural climate variations "temporarily offsetting the projected anthropogenic warming". I thought that was interesting.

Last edited:
I've never said climate models are perfect. In fact, they tend to be all over the board.

I'm willing to give up hard-earned income for a variety of reasons. National security & pollution top the list; I really don't think there is a huge amount we can do about global warming at this point, barring revolution. Oh, and I also think funneling research money to domestic alternatives will end up boosting the economy, not hurting it.

Oh...did you realize that one of the articles you posted talks about natural climate variations "temporarily offsetting the projected anthropogenic warming". I thought that was interesting.

Yes, and I've read it also. And I think that's exactly what I've been saying all along. I've said that anthropogenic forcing was not DRIVING the climate and that natural variations were more important. Any reduction in CO2 will make NO difference!!!

You seem to have finally gotten it!!

Now let's see you argue that the CO2 is going to wait a round until the climate naturally turns around and then, THEN!, the global warming is gonna get us!!

But of course you'll ignore the incresed sequestration of CO2 due to cooling climate and ocean cooling that will slowly catch up with the minute anthropogenic emissions(relative to the overall CO2) relative to the sequestration we would have expected at projected temps.

"Yes, and I've read it also. And I think that's exactly what I've been saying all along. I've said that anthropogenic forcing was not DRIVING the climate and that natural variations were more important. Any reduction in CO2 will make NO difference!!!

You seem to have finally gotten it!!"

I didn't say that, and neither did the article you posted.

You do understand what the word "temporarily" means, right?

Also....should I infer from your other statement that you don't think investment in domestic, renewable alternatives is good policy?

Btw...did you realize that one of the articles you posted talks about natural climate variations "temporarily offsetting the projected anthropogenic warming". I thought that was interesting.

ROFLMAO.... NOW he finds it interesting. When I suggested that could be the reason for warm but not increasing temperatures, he put me on IA.

I think alternatives should stand on their own merit. Corporate welfare, as it's usually called, is exactly what those who hold future technologies are waiting for. Global warming hysteria has given them a perfect opportunity to maximize profits. Simply drive the price of oil up and up and up and keep hammering the public on global warming and soon people will be spending a third of their income on transportation and praising themselves for saving the planet from a gas that all life needs to exist.

LOL

I think alternatives should stand on their own merit. Corporate welfare, as it's usually called, is exactly what those who hold future technologies are waiting for. Global warming hysteria has given them a perfect opportunity to maximize profits. Simply drive the price of oil up and up and up and keep hammering the public on global warming and soon people will be spending a third of their income on transportation and praising themselves for saving the planet from a gas that all life needs to exist.

LOL

Are you hinting at some sort of weird conspiracy here, whereby the instigators of 'global warming hysteria' - who have SO much clout in our current government - are "driving up the price of oil."

I got's news for you, tinfoil. The price of oil is going up without them, and there really isn't much of an end in sight on that. While it's going up, our friends in the Middle East & elsewhere around the world are getting richer, while our economy slows & shrinks. I don't know what "merit" you are looking for from alternatives; replacing something that funds our enemies & promises to only become more scarce & expensive in our lifetimes seems like plenty of "merit" to me.

All life doesn't need gas to exist; if it did, we could put a moratorium on the human race in the next generation or so. I'm a little more forward-thinking than that.

I figure most already spend close to 1/3 on transport anyway.
Cost of vehicle( usually one per driver in household) , taxes, Insurance, fuel, etc.

You morons, I was talking about the gas, CO2. Not gasoline. How stupid do you really think I am. If you think I'm that stupid, it's you who are the stupid one.

Back