one more reason to have a bed partner

They can do a lot with the masks that force air into your mouth & nose.

See a Dr soon.

I always wondered if people died of sleep apnea or if they dreamed they fell off a cliff and didn't wake up before they hit.

I thought i had it.

I have woken up a few times now gasping for air and feeling of getting wind knocked out of me. Takes like 30seconds of gasping until I can breath again and its pretty scary. Then I get anxiety to sleep because I dont want it to happen again.

Went to the dr and he told me to stop looking at the internet for what I may or may not have. He said im far to thin to have it and told me its probably just me waking from a dream cycle or perhaps allergies. Prescribed me Ambien to sleep and Flonase nasal spray.

I think hes a dick and should have prescribed a sleep study. If it happens again im gonna go back to his office and demand one.

Last edited:
Hes got um folks , he was just passing on info incase anyone else has this and has not yet sought help.

I thought i had it.

I have woken up a few times now gasping for air and feeling of getting wind knocked out of me. Takes like 30seconds of gasping until I can breath again and its pretty scary. Then I get anxiety to sleep because I dont want it to happen again.

Went to the dr and he told me to stop looking at the internet for what I may or may not have. He said im far to thin to have it and told me its probably just me waking from a dream cycle or perhaps allergies. Prescribed me Ambien to sleep and Flonase nasal spray.

I think hes a dick and should have prescribed a sleep study. If it happens again im gonna go back to his office and demand one.

Chap, I'd see another doctor. I doubt that body weight has a significant influence on all apnea patients, though it may be a contributor for some.

Body weight does make you more prone to sleep apnia. I guess the jaw muscles get all tired form eating all that food and drop down more ?
Does the phrase, more chins than a chinese phone book ring a bell ?

Its a very common symptom but I agree any Dr who would ignore all the other symptoms may be screaming out for a second oppinion.

Chap, I'd see another doctor. I doubt that body weight has a significant influence on all apnea patients, though it may be a contributor for some.

my nurse wife was pissed about that. wants me to change drs. shes has witnessed me waking up that way.

my nurse wife was pissed about that. wants me to change drs. shes has witnessed me waking up that way.

I've suspected for some time that this may be the reason my husband is such a light sleeper, too, and he's far from overweight.

We need a head-shaking smilie!!! :rolleyes: I can only speak for myself, but I want to keep my guy around for a long, long time. I like having him here!

My wife says the same thing. (at least when I can hear her)

But I think its more about my reaching things on the top shelf, killing spiders, and moving furniture than anything else.

They can do a lot with the masks that force air into your mouth & nose.

See a Dr soon.

I always wondered if people died of sleep apnea or if they dreamed they fell off a cliff and didn't wake up before they hit.

sol

i have such a system prescribed by my doctor

Back