One on One Debates

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
I have installed a feature that will allow you to challenge a/some fellow poster/s to participate in a debate and activated it in the APP Forum only. This is basically an opposite of the threadban feature, you can include people you want to be able to post in the Debate Challenge rather than list people you want to BAN.

When you create such a thread, a PM will be sent in your name by the system to inform the other user of the debate challenge, please remember if somebody has you on their ignore list they won't receive your PM.

I have activated this, for now, only in the APP Forum. If you do not currently have access to that forum you will need to request it, as we only allow access to that forum on request. Some users simply don't want to have to follow those rules, if they don't have access to post they don't have to worry about them and therefore choose to remain unable to post there at all.

If you are challenged and do not have access and need it for the debate, PM one of us that are online and we'll fix that for you.

All APP Rules apply to these threads.

"Joke" debates where the user tries to ban and challenge somebody at the same time will be removed and the user creating the thread will likely lose access to APP if we see it as an issue.

As with any feature, mods will be able to moderate the thread even if they are not a participant, including posting warnings or explanations if necessary. Mods will, however, avoid posting in a thread in which they are not listed as a participant unless they have to for moderation purposes.

Thanks,

The Management

You'd go to the APP Forum, start a new thread, and put GrandpasSitar in the box below for challenging somebody to a debate.

There really is no reason to make a subforum for APP. 1-1 debates fits perfectly in the APP forum, and brings new value to it. Also might bring in more foot traffic.

Also damo, you might want to include in the auto message for people to request access if they dont have it.

you could say that about any forum yurt.

also people probably wouldn't randomly check on any random debate forum thread if it were in it's own section than if it were in APP. A subforum is a subforum.

I mean, I am not ruling out having a dedicated forum, but I think it would have to depend on it's initial popularity.

And it's all about everyone seeing yurt.

Told ya.

he's trying to goad me into another one of his "debates" right now.

I told him once again that if he can't even answer a single question with any honesty, I certainly can't expect him to respond repeatedly with anything resembling honesty for an entire debate.

if everyone goes to the APP forum you can see a debate about debating between yurt and zappas. Riveting Stuff.

♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ (・o・ ) ┓♪;1168610 said:
duuuuuuude we can use this for werewolf games to keep out the proles that aren't playing O_O

Indeed. We, as Mods, can even remove people from the list as they are killed off.

♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ (・o・ ) ┓♪;1168671 said:
if everyone goes to the APP forum you can see a debate about debating between yurt and zappas. Riveting Stuff.

CNN quality shit there.

Dude, we talk all this shit about WW, but we haven't played in almost a fucking year. We need another game.

it would not matter if i picked a topic damo, he simply doesn't want to debate. thank you for closing the thread. i made a new thread for shy guy as he indicated interest in the idea.

Back