One Way to Get Rid of Bad Teachers

The problem is they say that students benefit, while we see declining results. I believe that is because they do not represent students.

Perhaps the fundamental disagreement over education of young people hasn't been resolved. Is schooling for employment or for adulthood? I know it's a bit more complex than that but the complexities can come out if anyone's interested in teasing it out.

Here at least I think the prevailing ideology is schooling for adulthood. I'm over-simplifying that because to express the full complexity would make eyes glaze over (mine would be first).

I reiterate, this is not really about getting rid of poor or unsuitable teachers, this is about getting rid of unions.

Perhaps the fundamental disagreement over education of young people hasn't been resolved. Is schooling for employment or for adulthood? I know it's a bit more complex than that but the complexities can come out if anyone's interested in teasing it out.

Here at least I think the prevailing ideology is schooling for adulthood. I'm over-simplifying that because to express the full complexity would make eyes glaze over (mine would be first).

I reiterate, this is not really about getting rid of poor or unsuitable teachers, this is about getting rid of unions.
My statements are not about getting rid of the union, mine are about recognizing who they represent when considering suggestions about education.

My statements are not about getting rid of the union, mine are about recognizing who they represent when considering suggestions about education.

I understand that, that last remark of mine was reiterating my initial response to Stringy, I'm still following the sub-thread about representation, it's interesting.

You've obviously watched too much Stossel. Good, unbiased reporting there.

I know the guy wrote a book titled "Give Me a Break," but I have never followed him or seen him on TV. Just remember seeing it at the book store and have heard him referenced by others. So there!

Back