Only $18 Million, It's a STEAL!!!

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/07/18m-being-spent-to-redesign-recoverygov-web-site.html

$18M Being Spent to Redesign Recovery.gov Web Site

ABC News’ Rick Klein reports: For those concerned about stimulus spending, the General Services Administration sends word tonight that $18 million in additional funds are being spent to redesign the Recovery.gov Web site.

The new Web site promises to give taxpayers more information about where their money is going than the current version of the site.

“Recovery.gov 2.0 will use innovative and interactive technologies to help taxpayers see where their dollars are being spent,” James A. Williams, commissioner of GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service, says in a press release announcing the contract awarded to Maryland-based Smartronix Inc. “Armed with easy access to this information, taxpayers can make government more accountable for its decisions.”

The contract calls for spending $9.5 million through January, and as much as $18 million through 2014, according to the GSA press release.

More at link....

I've never seen a more clear government overpayment in my life. I'd love to see any company or person that spent $18 Million on any website out there....

This isn't even $500 hammers hidden anywhere, this is proudly announced as if it is fiscally responsible to pay $18 Million for a website. Seriously. Who did they get to sign onto this thing? Joe "I don't even know the number of the website" Biden and his awesome understanding of internet commerce? Is he still in charge of keeping that recovery in line and making sure we all know where our money is going (because you know that nobody messes with Joe and stuffs)?

How do you know how much it costs to design a website, especially one of such magnitude?
I have no idea what an average website designer makes so I'll toss out a ridiculously high figure of $100K/ year. I've been in consulting my entire career and know that the overhead rates are typically in the 2.5 to 3 range, so lets again go high and call it 3. That means that they would have 60 people working on this thing for a year. Do you honestly think it takes that much effort to revise a website? :)

How do you know how much it costs to design a website, especially one of such magnitude?
LOL. I know it doesn't take $18 Million to implement any website anywhere. Tell me, Watermark, can you find any website at all that they spent $18 Million creating, let alone revamping (well, clearly other than some government site they overspent to build)?

Joke:

Joe Biden, given the job of implementing and leading the effort to spend the stimulus began working on getting a contract to build the new recovery.gov website...

He sent the word out for bids and received three almost right away.

One from a guy in Tennessee for $1 Million, another from a company in California for $2 Million and lastly from a lobbyist in DC for $18 Million.

As Joe is handed the last one he looks up to find the lobbyist himself is handing him the file, he looks into it and shocked exclaims, "Why do you think you are worth so much more than these other two?"

The Lobbyist answers, "$8 Million for you, $8 Million for me, and we'll hire the company from California!"

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/07/18m-being-spent-to-redesign-recoverygov-web-site.html

$18M Being Spent to Redesign Recovery.gov Web Site

ABC News’ Rick Klein reports: For those concerned about stimulus spending, the General Services Administration sends word tonight that $18 million in additional funds are being spent to redesign the Recovery.gov Web site.

The new Web site promises to give taxpayers more information about where their money is going than the current version of the site.

“Recovery.gov 2.0 will use innovative and interactive technologies to help taxpayers see where their dollars are being spent,” James A. Williams, commissioner of GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service, says in a press release announcing the contract awarded to Maryland-based Smartronix Inc. “Armed with easy access to this information, taxpayers can make government more accountable for its decisions.”

The contract calls for spending $9.5 million through January, and as much as $18 million through 2014, according to the GSA press release.

More at link....

USMC United States Marine Corps
# Marine Corps Network Operations and Security Command
# Marine Corps Logistics – Albany and Barstow Bases
# Marine Corps Center for Business Excellence and Logistics – Albany Base
# Headquarters Marine Corps C4
# Marine Corps Systems Command

USAF United States Air Force
# Air Force Research Laboratory
# Air Force Special Operations Command
# Air Force 88th Medical Group – Wright-Patterson Base
# Air Force 62nd Communication Squadron – McChord Base
# 554th Electronic Systems Wing
# Air Force 96th Medical Group – Eglin Base
# Air Force 375th Medical Group – Scott Base

USN United States Navy
# Office of Naval Research
# Naval Research Lab
# Navy Marine Corps Intranet
# Navy Information Operations Command
# Naval Air Systems Command
# Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division
# Naval Special Warfare Command

USCENTCOM Other DoD and Federal Agency Clients
# Army Special Operations Command
# CENTCOM Enterprise Network
# United States Central Command Air Forces
# USSOCOM Enterprise Network
# Department of Homeland Security
# United States Special Operations Command
# Pentagon Command Communications Survivability Program
# Transportation Security Administration

The above is a list of their 'clients'.... funny... they are ALL the government. I wonder who they are sleeping with (so to speak)

http://www.smartronix.com/ABOUTUS/Clients/tabid/61/Default.aspx

USMC United States Marine Corps
# Marine Corps Network Operations and Security Command
# Marine Corps Logistics – Albany and Barstow Bases
# Marine Corps Center for Business Excellence and Logistics – Albany Base
# Headquarters Marine Corps C4
# Marine Corps Systems Command

USAF United States Air Force
# Air Force Research Laboratory
# Air Force Special Operations Command
# Air Force 88th Medical Group – Wright-Patterson Base
# Air Force 62nd Communication Squadron – McChord Base
# 554th Electronic Systems Wing
# Air Force 96th Medical Group – Eglin Base
# Air Force 375th Medical Group – Scott Base

USN United States Navy
# Office of Naval Research
# Naval Research Lab
# Navy Marine Corps Intranet
# Navy Information Operations Command
# Naval Air Systems Command
# Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division
# Naval Special Warfare Command

USCENTCOM Other DoD and Federal Agency Clients
# Army Special Operations Command
# CENTCOM Enterprise Network
# United States Central Command Air Forces
# USSOCOM Enterprise Network
# Department of Homeland Security
# United States Special Operations Command
# Pentagon Command Communications Survivability Program
# Transportation Security Administration

The above is a list of their 'clients'.... funny... they are ALL the government. I wonder who they are sleeping with (so to speak)

http://www.smartronix.com/ABOUTUS/Clients/tabid/61/Default.aspx

Totally. Obama's GSA is so corrupt in awarding contracts.

They probably got most of these contracts pre-Obama, so you have another chance to blame Bush. Get with the program!

he cannot help it... he is preprogrammed to provide a knee jerk defense of Obama.... even on threads that have nothing to do with his beloved messiah.

Back