OPEC has concerns about future oil demand

"Against the conventional wisdom, Mr. Friedman argued that "inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon." Inflation had nothing to do with aggressive unions, greedy businesses or even oil cartels -- the bad guys who took the blame in the confusing 1970's. Prices shot up everywhere because the federal government made the supply of money grow faster than the real economy created value."

Virginia Postrel

NY Times

Please show me examples of the leases they have had for 30 years, that they have not drilled. My guess is they bought long term leases on land that ended up not having oil that was recoverable. The leases they have in the Gulf are predominantly in the exploration stage... which is still classified as "idle".

But I understand your confusion, the left wing talking points are distributed assuming you won't question their validity.

QFT

I believe in real world supply and demand dynamics.
I love turbo-libs limiting supply, please don't cave in to the will of 85% of the Americans wanting to drill. Party unity and playing the moveon.moron talking points is much more important.
My fav is drilling will do nothing for price. LOFL
Wait 5 yrs and were below 25% production domestically are repeat.

I believe in real world supply and demand dynamics.
I love turbo-libs limiting supply, please don't cave in to the will of 85% of the Americans wanting to drill. Party unity and playing the moveon.moron talking points is much more important.
My fav is drilling will do nothing for price. LOFL
Wait 5 yrs and were below 25% production domestically are repeat.

You need to realize that oil companies are paying legislators not to drill to keep prices high.

Ohh I am for drilling spudder. I just hate the ANWR mating cry of the neocon.
Strat drilling next week off the FL and CA coast.
Quickest oil we can get.

The drilling is inevitable.

thing is big oil does not want to increase the supply either.

USC, your not a card carrying buyinto anyting from moveon type turbo lib.
Your like me anti republican but skeptical of 1 or 2 dem tactics

Azzhat keep that plan under wraps.

LOL, You did not disappoint me on the flavor of your reply.

US Consumption back to 2002 levels, not factoring in the increase in population:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/7621544

... The U.S. Energy Information Administration revised downward U.S. April oil demand by 863,000 barrels per day (bpd) to 19.77 million bpd -- 3.9 percent below year-ago levels.
The revision, which showed April demand was the lowest for the month since April 2002, came even before gasoline prices surged to new records in June.
Oil prices have jumped around seven-fold since 2002 as part of a broader commodities rally sparked by surging demand from emerging economies like China and India, but have also driven inflation higher around the world....

The turbo lib meme is significantly different than mine. They pretend oil companies WANT to drill, but it's the good liberals protecting the planet. Those fools play into their fascist game.

So you are admitting that the oil companies do not want to drill, and increase supply? So which are you, the dog, or the pony Top?

The turbo lib meme is significantly different than mine. They pretend oil companies WANT to drill, but it's the good liberals protecting the planet. Those fools play into their fascist game.

Yep have to agree with you on that. I suspect they route secret money to envronut groups as well. Just to keep from having to admit they don't want to drill or build refineries anyway.

but they sure are spending millions on look at the good green oil company commercials.

I personally don't want to drill more. I like 140 better than 19.
The culture in the oil companies is produce at all cost, Cypress can back that up if he can get his face out of movon for 5 minutes.
I'm personally very thankfull for the turbo-libs supporting my precious resource.

I personally don't want to drill more. I like 140 better than 19.
The culture in the oil companies is produce at all cost, Cypress can back that up if he can get his face out of movon for 5 minutes.
I'm personally very thankfull for the turbo-libs supporting my precious resource.

Ahh finally in the open you turbooil Limosine slimebag you.

I never said I wasn't a turbo-lib.
I coined the name and mainly tease them (I hate repukes don't even bother with them except supercoldcaller).

I was lured in by low taxes and pro business.
I've learned a lot since coming to this website, I was republican then. Three years later I'm hard core turbo-lib.

I was ignorant as to how the repukes outlawed marijuana by claiming blacks would rape white woman and mexicans wouldn't work. It's discusting

Back