Opinion: Some jobs should never be done by kids. Project 2025 sees things differently

The existence of kid jobs is not relevant. You are implying that a paper route a kid got in the past is the same as kids working in factories or other dangerous jobs. You are diverting from the point as rightys do. 2025 wants to take us back in time and cede more power to the wealthy and corporations. They see the people as units of money and power. They can make more profits by working kids.
Back in the day children were tasked with carrying buckets of molten glass in glass factories as young as single digits

That’s what Republican want back

I’m sure those kids never got hurt in their ten hours shifts

I’m sure none got molested by their bosses

Republicans are the evil party and prove it with every page of those 900 pages of Republican UNAMERICAN dreams

my first taxable income job was detassling at the age of 13. for those that don't know what detassling is, genetics in crops is a big thing in the upper midwest. So during the growing phase of corn, the company would run a machine through the rows of corn that cut off the tassles on the tops to limit the ability of pollenation to mix crops. Of course not all corn stalks were the same height, so they company would hire teenagers to follow behind and take off the tassles that the machine did not get. I did that job for two springs/summers in a row.

After that job ended after my second year, I got a job as a janitor for my small town bar and grill. I would wake up at 4 am and walk uptown to clean the bar, mop the floors, and restock all the coolers before I went to school. I did this job for 3 years.

Once I got my drivers license, I got a summer job driving a water tanker for my hometown assistant fire chief who sprayed most of the local fields with insecticide. I did this for two years.

Once I graduated high school and turned 18, I enlisted in the USMC.

I believe we've spent too many years coddling millenials, GenZ, and GenA, so much so that they are hyper entitled, causing most of their issues today. They are full of narcissism.

Back