Our First Minority President

Whatever man that is spin. Yeah he wasn't a senator then but he was actively protesting starting the war while starting his run so you can't really say he had nothing to lose or that it is nothing to hang his hat on without LYING to yourself.

i'm not lying to myself blackflag, i'm telling you as it was....he was NOT in the usa senate, he did not have to vote on the resolution, he was not part of any briefings, he had no intelligence available to him.....

he was a Senator Frist, diagnosing terri schiavo without ANY physical...

As said....this was not some profoundly remarkable stance for him to take in the position he was in.....to THINK otherwise, is just LYING to yourself....

yep, NOTHING to hang his hat on under any measures, but go ahead and THINK SO, blackflag!!!! ;)

Care

i'm not lying to myself blackflag, i'm telling you as it was....he was NOT in the usa senate, he did not have to vote on the resolution, he was not part of any briefings, he had no intelligence available to him.....

he was a Senator Frist, diagnosing terri schiavo without ANY physical...

As said....this was not some profoundly remarkable stance for him to take in the position he was in.....to THINK otherwise, is just LYING to yourself....

yep, NOTHING to hang his hat on under any measures, but go ahead and THINK SO, blackflag!!!! ;)

Care

Care you are absolutely absurd. The Republicans couldn't ask for a better warrior to spread their hate-filled agenda than a naive person who's imaging things.

Opposing a goddamn war is nothing like making a medical diagnosis, Christ.

I don't really get Care's analogy, but there is something here that has been swept under the rug. The reason why I never supported Obama until he was the last man standing, so to speak, and it was either him or Hillary, is exactly because of what I think Care is alluding to.

Obama did make a speech against the war before he was in the Senate, but, once he was in the senate he had never cast a vote which gave any indication that he would have cast that vote against the Iraq war resolution during a time of extreme political pressure. He didn't show up for the Kyle-Lieberman amendment vote Water. He didn't show up for it. Joe Biden showed up, and voted against it. Hillary Clinton showed up and voted for it and paid a terrible political price for that. I think she should have paid that price, but I also find it ironic that SHE SHOWED UP, she took a stand, she put her cards on the table. He didn't show. He didn't take a stand.

And that's why I never supported him, because contrary to what fans of his will tell you, we really don't know what he's got. HE's never really showed us.

And so I wanted Gore, or Edwards, and then I settled for Obama because I suspect that he is less of a war-enabler than Hillary Clinton, but the truth is, he never showed, so if someone has a different opinion, well, they're not crazy.

Dixie, these are YOUR WORDS.... from back in 2006...

"Zarqawi's death spells the end for alQaeda in Iraq. There have been dozens of captures and arrests made since the discovery of the documents, we frikin hit the mother-load on information, and the "insurgency" is about to meet its demise! Another bad day for Pinheads!"

Dixie are you gone?

Opposing a goddamn war is nothing like making a medical diagnosis, Christ.
sigh....

Obama was not in the US Senate, (Frist was not Terri Schiavo's doctor), and without any intelligence given to him by the cia, the President, the FBI, all the different intelligence committees etc, (Frist did not have any of the patients medical records from over the years or even recnt records, and did not examine the patient in person), Obama spoke out and says he chose to be against the war from the very beginning, he would not have voted for the war if he were in the US Senate, (Frist proclaimed that he knew all about terri schiavo and new she was not braindead etc....)but how could Obama REALLY KNOW That he would not have voted for the war if he were in the Senate at the time, right after 911, with 75% of the country supporting the war at the time, given all the trumped up intelligence of the vice presidents, and the presidents and Tenet, and may others in the administration, that he really would not have voted yes, on the resolution? (How could Frist possibly know schiavo was brain dead when he never got to examine her?)

Obama is taking the stance that he never would have voted for the war from the beginning, and I find that very disingenuous to say because he has NO IDEA what he would have done if he were in the US Senate at the time, under the same circumstances, as everyone else that was there.

Him calling the "I was right card and you were wrong, nanni nanni boo hoo" is totally ridiculous to me and just a political ploy....which is expected from a politician....I just didn't expect so many people to just so easily "fall for it"! ;)

Care

I don't really get Care's analogy, but there is something here that has been swept under the rug. The reason why I never supported Obama until he was the last man standing, so to speak, and it was either him or Hillary, is exactly because of what I think Care is alluding to.

Obama did make a speech against the war before he was in the Senate, but, once he was in the senate he had never cast a vote which gave any indication that he would have cast that vote against the Iraq war resolution during a time of extreme political pressure. He didn't show up for the Kyle-Lieberman amendment vote Water. He didn't show up for it. Joe Biden showed up, and voted against it. Hillary Clinton showed up and voted for it and paid a terrible political price for that. I think she should have paid that price, but I also find it ironic that SHE SHOWED UP, she took a stand, she put her cards on the table. He didn't show. He didn't take a stand.

And that's why I never supported him, because contrary to what fans of his will tell you, we really don't know what he's got. HE's never really showed us.

And so I wanted Gore, or Edwards, and then I settled for Obama because I suspect that he is less of a war-enabler than Hillary Clinton, but the truth is, he never showed, so if someone has a different opinion, well, they're not crazy.

Precisely! And the votes to return the troops home, he ALSO did not take a stand in the US SENATE, he was a DID NOT VOTE....in fact on most any controversial issue, in the US SENATE, he has given a DID NOT VOTE....passed on voting and giving a stance....that's very frightening to me....it means he is NOT WHO HE SAYS HE IS.....or there is no proof of it...a man of WORDS but not a man of Action for anyone that wants to really do the research.....either way, it ain't good and it WILL BE EXPLOITED in the General....

There very well may be excuses for these important NO VOTES, but he better be ready to give them, he should have had to give them already, during the nomination contest but everyone is too caught up in this hope and change thing it appears and imo.

Care

Back