Outrage over Gypsy drowning photos

The verbiage is chilling, " a crackdown by Silvo Berlusconi's government targeting illegal immigrants and talk by government officials of a "Roma emergency" that has seen the 150,000-strong migrant group blamed for rising street crime."

The verbiage is chilling, " a crackdown by Silvo Berlusconi's government targeting illegal immigrants and talk by government officials of a "Roma emergency" that has seen the 150,000-strong migrant group blamed for rising street crime."
Yeah the German's didn't have much of use for the Roma either. They got blamed for every sort of crime and outrage. Funny though, the three times someone tried to pick my pocket in Rome they were all italian men.

Yeah the German's didn't have much of use for the Roma either. They got blamed for every sort of crime and outrage. Funny though, the three times someone tried to pick my pocket in Rome they were all italian men.

I actually know a lot of people that have been pick pocketed by Gypsies. What was always puzzling to me, is the same people that would talk about racism in general and how bad the US is would very nonchalantly say something disparaging about gypsies as a whole.

I actually know a lot of people that have been pick pocketed by Gypsies. What was always puzzling to me, is the same people that would talk about racism in general and how bad the US is would very nonchalantly say something disparaging about gypsies as a whole.
Summer of 90, Augsburg Germany did there every two year Burgerfest, which was just a celebration of the fact that the city was over 2000 years old. Roma would come and set up tents, do acrobatics, and magic and games of chance. I hung with the group that was doing trapeze stuff and they were really cool. Very unusual way of life. Like all societies, some of them are criminals. I think they are probably much like the Travelers here in the US.

Summer of 90, Augsburg Germany did there every two year Burgerfest, which was just a celebration of the fact that the city was over 2000 years old. Roma would come and set up tents, do acrobatics, and magic and games of chance. I hung with the group that was doing trapeze stuff and they were really cool. Very unusual way of life. Like all societies, some of them are criminals. I think they are probably much like the Travelers here in the US.

They get shat on a lot in Europe. I don't have any doubts that a lot of them do steal and beg. Someone was telling me that it was actually part of their culture (granted, I never researched this fact). But they aren't given much choice. They don't have papers, a lot of them don't have legal residence in the EU countries, people don't want to hire them, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in fact committing a lot of the crimes, however, the answer isn't to malign them, they need to be educated and integrated within European countries.

virtually everyone has someone they look down on . for some of us it is an individual not a race or ethnic group. Ie topper.

I don't look down on any groups, I do pity uneducated people like you gramps. You missed out on a lot.

America has its own gypsies: the Grateful Dead Family. They just aren't an ethnic group so we consider it morally okay when they are put in jail and persecuted.

America has its own gypsies: the Grateful Dead Family. They just aren't an ethnic group so we consider it morally okay when they are put in jail and persecuted.
Actually our Gypsies are The Travellers, or sometimes called Irish Travellers. They travel around in RV's and trailers and they will seal your roof with water and some smelly shit. If you watch "The Riches" on FX they are Travellers. We have smaller number here than they do in England and Ireland but they are the real amercan gypsy.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely The Travelers, too. But from my experience there are way more Deadheads and hippie-travelers in our country.

It's an interesting lifestyle but they definitely don't deserve to be put in jail for it.

Last edited:
Why is nobody wondering why they could just walk around taking pictures of the bodies without showing an iota of care about the dead girls?

Back