Palin calls it the future Palin McCain adminstration.

No he's not, he's no better than the rest of them, he's a pinhead, like all the rest. I used to think this same thing about several of the posters here, but I have come to realize, they will literally say and do anything to win power. They don't care if something is true or not, they will throw it out there and act like it's the fucking Gospel, if they think it gives their guy the edge.

The left has learned your tactics well.

"IF they had flown planes into buildings on 9/11, I wouldn't support Sarah Palin"

Really?

So, if I could show people who were fundamental Christians engaging in violence, that would be a deal-breaker for you?

I wasn't back on after I posted my question. This is a cite to the Anchorage daily news which talks about her religious background. It says she believes in Creationism. Her church is a fundamentalist church which NORMALLY believes that every word from Genesis to Revelations is the unerring word of god. But you are right it doesn't SAY she believes the earth is 6000 years old. But if you believe the bible is the unerring word of god then you believe that there is only 6000 to 8000 years from the creation of Adam and Eve to now.

Last edited:
Are people in here, even you Dixie, comfortable voting for someone that believes the earth is no more than 8000 years old and that dinosaurs walked the earth with Humans? I mean this is BASIC elementary school science. No one should be president that truly believes that the earth is less than 10,000 years old.
Tell me, have you ever denounced a religious person for stating they would never vote for an atheist?

Tell me, have you ever denounced a religious person for stating they would never vote for an atheist?
Atheists don't say stupid shit like the earth is only 6000 years old. And I am fine if that is your own personal religious belief but when you start saying "lets teach kids a big imaginary guy in the sky created the earth" then I have a problem with you being in charge of shit.

Its not about religion. I know Quakers and Catholics who are fully comfortable accepting the tenets of science and evolution. They don't see a contradiction between science and religion. That conflict usually exists in the evangelical communities, the extremist muslim communities, and other fundamentalist traditions.

Its about living in a fact based world.

If some preacher or burger flipper wants to believe Adam and Eve were playing with dinosaurs, it has no effect on me or the country. I don't care.

A president, a medical doctor, and lawyer are by neccessity and profession, required to make decisions based on solid, empirical evidence and facts.

A president is not only in charge of our government, they are in charge of our science policy, our foreign policy, and our environmental policy. If they believe the earth is 6,000 years old then they are mentally processing information on the basis of faith, not on the basis on evidence.

That frankly scares the shit out of me.

Its not about religion. I know Quakers and Catholics who are fully comfortable accepting the tenets of science and evolution. They don't see a contradiction between science and religion. That conflict usually exists in the evangelical communities, the extremist muslim communities, and other fundamentalist traditions.

Its about living in a fact based world.

If some preacher or burger flipper wants to believe Adam and Eve were playing with dinosaurs, it has no effect on me or the country. I don't care.

A president, a medical doctor, and lawyer are by neccessity and profession, required to make decisions based on solid, empirical evidence and facts.

A president is not only in charge of our government, they are in charge of our science policy, our foreign policy, and our environmental policy. If they believe the earth is 6,000 years old then they are mentally processing information on the basis of faith, not on the basis on evidence.

That frankly scares the shit out of me.
As a Catholic, I do find it funny that some sects of Christians believe stuff like that! Science really shouldn't be all that threatening - it suggests a lack of faith, like someone ready to jump ship given the right "facts", when faith should be about much more :clink:

Back