Palin Just ripped Biden a new ass

Topspin

Verified User
On energy.
She called him a fear mongerer, that he voted against the Alaska p/l that has brought us 15,000,000,000 barrels of oil. That it would kill off the Carribu. LOFL:cof1:

No; you just have a very oil-centric view of things. You're opinion is distorted by that.

That doesn't play as big to regular Americans as it does to you. Trust me.

She is also looking for alternative energy sources for Alaska...smart lady!

No; you just have a very oil-centric view of things. You're opinion is distorted by that.

That doesn't play as big to regular Americans as it does to you. Trust me.

read something other than moveon.org
70% are for more domestic drilling, FACT:clink:

no your way gayer,
going to law school on daddy's nickle,
and not ashamed to be making under $10 hr
that's gay

She is also looking for alternative energy sources for Alaska...smart lady!
Very smart. She is big on both sides, the bridge and the future. I like that far better than status quo until the next generation of energy is here.

Very smart. She is big on both sides, the bridge and the future. I like that far better than status quo until the next generation of energy is here.

It's a shame that she vetoed a wind farm project that the legislature passed as well as a clean coal project. She's pro-drilling and that's about it.

Maybe you could explain how that makes her "big on both sides." I just don't see it.

It's a shame that she vetoed a wind farm project that the legislature passed as well as a clean coal project. She's pro-drilling and that's about it.

Maybe you could explain how that makes her "big on both sides." I just don't see it.
She vetoed 155 total projects at the same time rejecting their placement in a Supplemental Bill informing the lawmakers that the place for those types of projects are in the capital budget and that she would revisit them and would be likely to accept many of them in that budget.

When placed in context, she pulled the plug on pork in the Budget supplement stating that such things should be in the direct budget.

Fiscally conservative and "pay as you go", you should know that concept.

She vetoed 155 total projects at the same time rejecting their placement in a Supplemental Bill informing the lawmakers that the place for those types of projects are in the capital budget and that she would revisit them and would be likely to accept many of them in that budget.

When placed in context, she pulled the plug on pork in the Budget supplement stating that such things should be in the direct budget.

Fiscally conservative and "pay as you go", you should know that concept.

Here's the thing about that. She vetoed alternative energy projects. You say she is big on alternative energy projects. Prove it. The evidence thus far is to the contrary.

And by the way, talking about being "fiscally conservative" for a state like Alaska is pretty much laughable. In addition to the shit loads of royalties the state government gets from oil companies, it receives by leaps and bounds more federal pork dollars per capita than any other state.

It's pretty easy to be "fiscally conservative" when you have tons of revenue and get shitloads of federal money.

Here's the thing about that. She vetoed alternative energy projects. You say she is big on alternative energy projects. Prove it. The evidence thus far is to the contrary.

And by the way, talking about being "fiscally conservative" for a state like Alaska is pretty much laughable. In addition to the shit loads of royalties the state government gets from oil companies, it receives by leaps and bounds more federal pork dollars per capita than any other state.

It's pretty easy to be "fiscally conservative" when you have tons of revenue and get shitloads of federal money.
http://www.aktrucks.org/servlet/viewnews?id=154

Last spring the Legislature passed House Bill 152 and Governor Sarah Palin signed the bill into law May 22. The legislation creates a five-year, $250 million renewable energy program that puts Alaska in the forefront among states putting money into renewable energy projects.

In separate action, legislators and the governor approved $25 million to fund submarine cables that would connect a 50-megawatt wind power project on Fire Island, in Cook Inlet just off the shore of Anchorage’s international airport.

The state grant is a big boost for the project, which is being privately developed by a joint venture of major U.S. wind power company enXco and Cook Inlet Region Inc., which is the local Alaska Native regional corporation and the landowner at Fire Island.

Yeah, funding it, working towards it, using it. Alaska "hates" renewable energy. :rolleyes:

Back