Palin's view of you and me

In her defense, she's not in hollywood and she's a mother of like 15. She looks dayum good imo.

But beauty has its price. Apparently its around $150k

"The Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August."more at link

People will say a lot of shit about this. Here is what I have to say: I would have known better. I would have known that since I was running as an everday Jane - the hockey mom, the wal-mart mom, buying european suits would be a bad decision. I would have said, "no. but iknow a few places we can get some decent looking suits that don't cost thousands each, let's go there".

Why didn't she know? Because she's exactly what she comes off as - an arrogant dope. And instead of thinking "uh oh, this seems like it could be trouble" she thought "FINALLY - i've been reconized as the superstar I always knew I was.

She made a dumb decision.

Hey, 'dawg. You should do a thread about Obama's view of us...

Damocles - Clings to his guns, hugging them in teddy-bear fashion as he sleeps.
Robdawg - Has pit Bull, registered D, therefore he seems to be good people, but the jury is still out on whether he fears people who aren't like him....
Brent - Clings to his religion...

So forth...

You know...

People will say a lot of shit about this. Here is what I have to say: I would have known better. I would have known that since I was running as an everday Jane - the hockey mom, the wal-mart mom, buying european suits would be a bad decision. I would have said, "no. but iknow a few places we can get some decent looking suits that don't cost thousands each, let's go there".

Why didn't she know? Because she's exactly what she comes off as - an arrogant dope. And instead of thinking "uh oh, this seems like it could be trouble" she thought "FINALLY - i've been reconized as the superstar I always knew I was.

She made a dumb decision.

Very dumb indeed for the reasons you listed above. Particularly since she could have probably gotten clothes for free from designers.
Its especially laughable when you consider she will only be making around $200k when she gets into office.

As far as it being an issue for me, I have to say I don't care what she does with the money of idiots that donate to her. It actually makes me laugh to see that Joe the Plumbers donation went to her pair of Jimmy Choos. very prophetic.

Very dumb indeed for the reasons you listed above. Particularly since she could have probably gotten clothes for free from designers.
Its especially laughable when you consider she will only be making around $200k when she gets into office.

As far as it being an issue for me, I have to say I don't care what she does with the money of idiots that donate to her. It actually makes me laugh to see that Joe the Plumbers donation went to her pair of Jimmy Choos. very prophetic.

lol I hadn't even thought of that part of it. that is really poetic for those idiots.

"Because she's exactly what she comes off as - an arrogant dope. And instead of thinking "uh oh, this seems like it could be trouble" she thought "FINALLY - i've been reconized as the superstar I always knew I was."

Good characterization; to be fair, I think the vast majority of the population would be susceptible to a similar sort of manipulation of the ego if given the heady treatment Palin got. Still, with the whole theme of their campaign being "a couple of mavericky, hard-hitting reformers & small towners," it's really one of the phoniest displays I've seen in politics since Bush Sr. & pork rinds...

Back