Parents of slain boy sue school district for not enforcing the dress code.

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel3

The gay kid who was shot in Ventura CA? Has anyone seen that latest in this sad story?

The parents are suing the school district for allowing their son to violate the school dress code by wearing women's clothes and makeup.

WTF? When I first read it I thought it was a misprint. The PARENTS are suing the SCHOOL for allowing THEIR SON to violate the dress code?????

Aside from how ridiculous THAT part is, if the school has tried to stop the kid from wearing women's clothes and makeup, does anyone doubt that the parents would have sued then too? I am betting the ACLU would have been happy to jump in and fight for his "right" to wearing women's clothes and makeup.

Is personal responsibility, parental responsibility and common sense trule dead?

Yes, personal responsibility, parental responsibility and common sense are truly dead because two parents want to shift the blame for the death of their child on someone or something other than themselves.

It's called projection and it is very much alive.

Common sense, on the other hand, is indeed dying. At your hands.

I am not trashing the ACLU per se. I was just being sarcastic about what MIGHT Have happened if the school district had enforced the dress code.

The ACLU has done some great work in the past. But that have also done some ridiculous stuff.

I am not forgetting that these people's son was murdered. The boy that shot him should be tried as an adult and go to jail until he is old and grey.

But that does not change the stupidity of this lawsuit.

Have any of you people ever had a teenager?

Some one murdered their son because of who he was.

How is that the parents fault by any stretch?

I am not saying that this is the fault of the parents. But for the parents to blame the school for how their son was dressed is ridiculous.

I raised 3 teenagers and am starting at it again my my 12 year old daughter. She has NO DOUBT that there are limits to what she wears.

He was talking about the idiotic suit brought by the parents. They are suing the school for not enforcing a dress code on their son???

Tell me... if the PARENTS were so concerned about their son violating the schools dress code... why didn't THEY stop their son from violating the dress code?????

He was talking about the idiotic suit brought by the parents. They are suing the school for not enforcing a dress code on their son???

Tell me... if the PARENTS were so concerned about their son violating the schools dress code... why didn't THEY stop their son from violating the dress code?????

How do you know they allowed him to wear it?

Have you ever had a teenager?

On it's surface, I agree it's pretty stupid. However, we may be overlooking that this might be their only legal recourse with the school. It's my understanding that the boy was bullied pretty relentlessly, and that the school did little about it. I don't understand the law on this kind of thing, but maybe it's much more difficult to sue the school for a reason that makes more sense & that was more frustrating for them, and their lawyer advised them to go this route.

If what you're saying is in fact what the parents are suing over, then yes it is idiotic.

Can you provide a link to the story though?

Thanks.

Yes, I have had 3 and am starting another.

A young man wearing women's clothing and makeup is noth something that would go unnoticed.

If it DID go unnoticed, then the parents were not paying much attention.

This entire thread is about parents wanting to point figers at other people.

Point it at the kid who pulled the trigger. And what these people are suing over is more their responsibility than it is the school district's.

How do you know they allowed him to wear it?

Have you ever had a teenager?

Who has more control over what the student buys and wears desh... his parents or the school? Suing the school over this is idiotic. They are lashing out because they lost their kid. I understand their grief, but that doesn't change the fact that this suit is ignorant at best.

Its really easy to see these suits as frivolous.

The Mcdonalds coffe burn lady suit was scoffed at and if you look at the real facts behind it she was burned horriblely.

On it's surface, I agree it's pretty stupid. However, we may be overlooking that this might be their only legal recourse with the school. It's my understanding that the boy was bullied pretty relentlessly, and that the school did little about it. I don't understand the law on this kind of thing, but maybe it's much more difficult to sue the school for a reason that makes more sense & that was more frustrating for them, and their lawyer advised them to go this route.

Again, if Solitary's account of story is accurate, I don't buy that the parents can't sue the school for anything else especially if they have shown a pattern of neglect on behalf of the school.

Personally I'd want to sue the parents of the kids that did this into bankruptcy but that's just me.

Yes, I have had 3 and am starting another.

A young man wearing women's clothing and makeup is noth something that would go unnoticed.

If it DID go unnoticed, then the parents were not paying much attention.

This entire thread is about parents wanting to point figers at other people.

Point it at the kid who pulled the trigger. And what these people are suing over is more their responsibility than it is the school district's.

This young man may have changed in the bathroom at school.

Do you know the facts?

That would make it different. I am surprised to hear that because of all of the anti-bullying measures widely taken by schools these days. I’m very sorry for him.

This young man may have changed in the bathroom at school.

Do you know the facts?

Yeah, but if that is what happened, that's not the schools responsibility if the clothes are within the school's guidelines.

I'm going to hold off judgement until I see a link though.

That would make it different. I am surprised to hear that because of all of the anti-bullying measures widely taken by schools these days. I’m very sorry for him.

I don't buy it actually. I'm pretty sure if you show a pattern of neglect you can sue for something.

Back