PEW and Democrats

Annie

Not So Junior Member
I'll not say a word, read it all:

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=414

Summary of Findings

Democratic voters are not as positive about Barack Obama as they were a month ago. Somewhat smaller percentages of Democrats describe Obama in favorable terms, and he has lost his lead over Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic nomination. Nationally, Democratic voters are about evenly divided between Obama and Clinton; Obama holds a slight 47% to 45% edge. In late March, the Illinois senator held a 49% to 39% lead over his New York rival.

Figure
The tightening Democratic race reflects a modest but consistent decline in Obama's personal image rather than improved impressions of Clinton. Fewer Democrats ascribe positive qualities to Obama than did so a month ago, with white working-class Democrats, in particular, expressing more skeptical views of the Illinois senator. Since late February, his unfavorable rating has risen six points among all Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters. At the same time, Clinton's unfavorable rating among Democratic voters also has increased by seven points.

Well the hammering of the Wright thing by MSM does have an impact on a society controlled by the tube.

Consider, could it possibly be the candidate?

What has the candidate done, aside from giving what many acknowledge to be the best speech on race in America in decades, and otherwise handle withering coverage based on standards that no white male candidate would be subject to with dignity, intelligence & reason?

What has the candidate done, aside from giving what many acknowledge to be the best speech on race in America in decades, and otherwise handle withering coverage based on standards that no white male candidate would be subject to with dignity, intelligence & reason?

considering the stimulus of that speech, this week, what do you think?

I can only speak for myself. It has strengthened my support for him. I judge someone's character on how they handle various situations, particularly situations that are stressful or demanding. Throughout this campaign, Obama has had options to take the low road against Hillary, or respond with political expedience to any one of the fairly fabricated 'controversies' that the media has flocked to like flies to excrement.

The way he has handled himself has been unlike any other candidate I've seen in recent memory. Some people don't get that this is what he's talking about when he says "change." It's a change in tone, and in the way of doing things. A lot of people are starting to get it, but many are still coming from that place of fear which drives the kind of stories we have seen throughout this campaign.

As hopeful as you are right now, there are still 6 months to go in this campaign. Obama will still win the nomination. Despite a month of the worst coverage imaginable for him, he's still tied w/ McCain in most national polls. There is an excellent chance he will be our next President.

I hope he doesn't go back to bombing gov't buildings like he did in his heyday w/ Ayers....

I can only speak for myself. It has strengthened my support for him. I judge someone's character on how they handle various situations, particularly situations that are stressful or demanding. Throughout this campaign, Obama has had options to take the low road against Hillary, or respond with political expedience to any one of the fairly fabricated 'controversies' that the media has flocked to like flies to excrement.

The way he has handled himself has been unlike any other candidate I've seen in recent memory. Some people don't get that this is what he's talking about when he says "change." It's a change in tone, and in the way of doing things. A lot of people are starting to get it, but many are still coming from that place of fear which drives the kind of stories we have seen throughout this campaign.

As hopeful as you are right now, there are still 6 months to go in this campaign. Obama will still win the nomination. Despite a month of the worst coverage imaginable for him, he's still tied w/ McCain in most national polls. There is an excellent chance he will be our next President.

I hope he doesn't go back to bombing gov't buildings like he did in his heyday w/ Ayers....
Excusing the segue as if I accused Obama of bombing gov. buildings, I actually appreciate your answer. While lacking all sorts of seriousness, it's better than a Darla could come up with. You at least try, even when you fail.

Gee, I wonder why Damo doesn't wander in now & start defending me, and taking Kathianne to task for saying I "failed" even though I was expressing an opinion, and oh, woe, the poor lefties like me who are the subject of such unfair attacks & censorship by the righties on this board....

Gee, I wonder why Damo doesn't wander in now & start defending me, and taking Kathianne to task for saying I "failed" even though I was expressing an opinion, and oh, woe, the poor lefties like me who are the subject of such unfair attacks & censorship by the righties on this board....

:rolleyes: I wonder....

Oh it's all because the righties are outnumbered by the lefties, in a landslide, and, some of the lefties are violent. Apparently that would be me, and Cypress. Personally, if I was cypress i would have went off at that freaking moron SF months ago. The guy follows him around the board saying nasty shit day in and day out. That's what righties do. They plot to drive you crazy and when you finally say, mf I am going to take your head off for you, they are trained, much like Al Qaeda agents, to start waiving their arms and screaming "they threatened me, they're nuts!".

Well the hammering of the Wright thing by MSM does have an impact on a society controlled by the tube.

When Wright jumps out in front of the press for a three day media spree... of course they are going to pay attention. Especially if he and Obama continue firing off exchanges directed at one another.

Granted, this whole friggin issue is mind numbingly ignorant... but that is what the media sells these days. Real journalism died over a decade ago. Jerry Springer runs the media now.

I think Obama has handled this issue fairly well. His original speech was all the answer we should have needed.

Wright coming in front of the media now, I simply do not understand. It is keeping the issue going.

Oh it's all because the righties are outnumbered by the lefties, in a landslide, and, some of the lefties are violent. Apparently that would be me, and Cypress. Personally, if I was cypress i would have went off at that freaking moron SF months ago. The guy follows him around the board saying nasty shit day in and day out. That's what righties do. They plot to drive you crazy and when you finally say, mf I am going to take your head off for you, they are trained, much like Al Qaeda agents, to start waiving their arms and screaming "they threatened me, they're nuts!".

You really have become quite delusional. Tell me how many times now have you mentioned me in your posts with complete lies? It is countless.

The same type of bullshit that Cypress pulls. Completely exagerating or lying about what my positions are. Yet if I respond, I am following him around.

If you want to continue your bitter little violent tirades... by all means, continue. It is quite funny.

Because I wasn't here?

I wonder why you take the time to say this kind of stuff when it is obvious I am not online.

It also could be because I didn't perceive any great attack you needed defense from.

Excusing the segue as if I accused Obama of bombing gov. buildings, I actually appreciate your answer. While lacking all sorts of seriousness, it's better than a Darla could come up with. You at least try, even when you fail.

Boy...

That was one "ripping" attack you needed defending from.

My gosh Kathi! Stop saying you appreciate his answer! That is just plain awful!

Because I wasn't here?

I wonder why you take the time to say this kind of stuff when it is obvious I am not online.

It also could be because I didn't perceive any great attack you needed defense from.

Forgot to put a little winking smiley face; aren't you supposed to have a sense of humor? I was being sarcastic, Damo.

Was my attack on Kathianne so "great" the past few days that she needed your help? Your m.o. here is too well known.

Forgot to put a little winking smiley face; aren't you supposed to have a sense of humor? I was being sarcastic, Damo.

Was my attack on Kathianne so "great" the past few days that she needed your help? Your m.o. here is too well known.

I didn't find your 'attacks' all that great. Darla's on the other hand was just her ranting to change the subject. Seems instead of acting as a fascist, she would have used her time better if she addressed the post, ignored the post, whichever she chose.

LOL>...

D'oh!

:doh:

Back