Poor Southern Whites

"and supported wreckless Republican policies that weakened the dollar, drove allies away, and caused some oil exporting nations to consider shifting to the Euro. "

Aside from the war, I don't think most of them had any idea what they were supporting. Bush just seemed like such a good guy next to that elitist windsurfing Kerry, and the kinda guy who could drink beer with you & talk baseball, which is so important when choosing a President.

It's instant karma; you vote for a guy based on idiotic priorities, and within a few years, you're choosing between gas & food....

True on all counts that you, cypress and tiana mention. But a lot of these people are black, and again, demographically, we do have to assume they did not vote for bush even though they live in very red states. And it’s for people like them, and all the rest of us who didn’t vote for this, that sometimes I feel like smacking Top and his smug “all of the high iq people are making money, yeah for the high oil prices’ bullshit. Because as the rest of us know, real people are really, really suffering. Some of them have children. That means, children are not eating enough. Real children. In this country. While we throw billion after billion at Iraq. It makes me so mad.

Once again, for the very cheap seats, I looked AT THE FUCKING SLIDE SHOW. Some interviewed were white.

Are you saying there are no whites in the rural south who are two time bush voters who are now struggling with gas and food prices?

Is there anyone on here who wants to make that claim? Step on up, and do it.

I didn't see the NY Times article. All I saw was the fucking article that was fucking posted on the fucking board. And I responded to the fucking article from the fucking cheap seats.

No, I am not a poor white man living in the Mississippi Delta.

Just as an FYI, in the 2000 election Gore had 42% of the votes in Alabama and 41% in Mississippi.

And speaking as one of the "fucking morons", before you start going off on folks you MIGHT consider adding the information that we fucking morons didn't get by telepathy. There was no fucking picture with the original article, so we fucking took it at fucking face value.

Ok?

No question, a lot of non-Bush voters are suffering, as well. Millions of 'em. It's a real drag.

I used to have a long commute, in a place where there was no public transportation that would get me there; the current prices would have killed me, and I wasn't even making that bad of a wage at the time. So many people are falling behind anyway, and their paychecks don't keep up with even the most basic expenses. When you start adding $200-$400 to their monthly driving bill, not even counting heating & other costs...it's brutal.

True on all counts that you, cypress and tiana mention. But a lot of these people are black, and again, demographically, we do have to assume they did not vote for bush even though they live in very red states. And it’s for people like them, and all the rest of us who didn’t vote for this, that sometimes I feel like smacking Top and his smug “all of the high iq people are making money, yeah for the high oil prices’ bullshit. Because as the rest of us know, real people are really, really suffering. Some of them have children. That means, children are not eating enough. Real children. In this country. While we throw billion after billion at Iraq. It makes me so mad.

That's why I specified Bush voters. There were people odwn there that are suffering who saw the writing on the wall.

No question, a lot of non-Bush voters are suffering, as well. Millions of 'em. It's a real drag.

I used to have a long commute, in a place where there was no public transportation that would get me there; the current prices would have killed me, and I wasn't even making that bad of a wage at the time. So many people are falling behind anyway, and their paychecks don't keep up with even the most basic expenses. When you start adding $200-$400 to their monthly driving bill, not even counting heating & other costs...it's brutal.

That’s me too. I feel very lucky that when I changed jobs last year, I happened to without even trying, end up in very close to home. If I was still driving the distance I was last year, I’d be feeling this.

I didn't see the NY Times article. All I saw was the fucking article that was fucking posted on the fucking board. And I responded to the fucking article from the fucking cheap seats.

No, I am not a poor white man living in the Mississippi Delta.

Just as an FYI, in the 2000 election Gore had 42% of the votes in Alabama and 41% in Mississippi.

And speaking as one of the "fucking morons", before you start going off on folks you MIGHT consider adding the information that we fucking morons didn't get by telepathy. There was no fucking picture with the original article, so we fucking took it at fucking face value.

Ok?

I'm much more comfortable with this, thank you.

There is a lot of suffering going on. Any place that sees people making long commutes and where public transportation is not around will see this dort of suffering.

The gas prices getting higher and higher are going to put more and more people in this position.

It happened in the '70s as well. The gas shortages hurt a lot of people.

They have my sympathies, regardless of their political affiliation.

There is a lot of suffering going on. Any place that sees people making long commutes and where public transportation is not around will see this dort of suffering.

The gas prices getting higher and higher are going to put more and more people in this position.

It happened in the '70s as well. The gas shortages hurt a lot of people.

They have my sympathies, regardless of their political affiliation.

It sounds so innocent, “political affiliation”. I feel sorry for people with cancer, regardless of political affiliation. I feel sorry for people who lose a loved one, regardless of political affiliation.

But two time bush voters feeling pain over high fuel and food prices? They are not completely innocent, there is contributory behavior involved, and, worse, they brought a lot of pain to a lot of, actually, innocent people. Think Iraq.

Darla your boderline retarted and ignorant at best. But you are funny as shit. Democrats have done 1,000 times more to make gasoline expensive.

It sounds so innocent, “political affiliation”. I feel sorry for people with cancer, regardless of political affiliation. I feel sorry for people who lose a loved one, regardless of political affiliation.

But two time bush voters feeling pain over high fuel and food prices? They are not completely innocent, there is contributory behavior involved, and, worse, they brought a lot of pain to a lot of, actually, innocent people. Think Iraq.

I have to agree. They are feeling the pains and they were the ones that bought this on.

Its only befitting that they suffer the most.

Darla your boderline retarted and ignorant at best. But you are funny as shit. Democrats have done 1,000 times more to make gasoline expensive.

Of course they have Top. That’s why when Bush and Cheney, two oil men, entered the white house, gas was 1.40 a gallon. That’s why as Bush and Cheney, two oil men, exit the white house, gas is now, 7 months before they leave, already at an historic high, and that’s adjusted for inflation.

It’s all a coincidence. Pay no attention to the two oilmen behind the curtain.

Maybe I am dumb Top, but on my worse day, I ain’t never been dumb enough to buy what you’re selling here.

I don't think Bush is solely responsible for the high gas prices. I also know that every person currently in the military volunteered for the job.

I am not excusing Bush or any of the corrupt, worthless pieces of garbage that have made the situation worse.

But the steep rise in the price per barrel of oil would have happened regardless of who was in the White House. Maybe, if we had been lucky, a different president would have meant the price of gasoline would have been $4.75 instead of $5.00. For a 22 gallon fillup, that would have meant it only cost $104.50 instead of $110. I am sure that $5.50 would have meant a lot.

There are a lot of reasons why people voted the way they did. But when you are talking about a family not eating, or having to leave the family car on the side of the road, I am not withholding my sympathys because of political affiliation.

In the 2004 election I voted for Michael Badnarik. If I were having to choose between gas and food, would I be a victim or would I have brought this on myself?

When the poor suffer we all suffer. Personally, I think sympathy isn't going to do a damn thing for the people of Tchula Mississippi. But if you are going to sympathize with people for hard times, it should be for the hard times and not based on who they voted for.

Bush and cheney sold 50 million cars to Indian's and Chineese. LOFL
Also if Bush I doesn't go into Kuwait and Kick Sadams but out, Darla's ass wouldn't be so fat she be riding a bike to work.

Back