Post Halloween costumes ITT

You so funny!
But yet football teams can't discourage players from expressing their (political and/or social) views while at "work"? No one even said anything about "publicly", now did they?
We don't know if that Halloween party was public or private (apparently, it may have been a UNIVERSITY party), do we? And, for the sake of fact, he was just a University officer, not a public police officer, was he not?.

Modern day University police officers are almost always sworn law enforcement officers with all the same powers as any other police officer.

From the UNRPS website: "The University of Nevada at Reno Police Services is a fully functional law enforcement agency proudly serving the University of Nevada, Reno.

University officers have full police powers; certified under the laws of the State of Nevada. They perform the same function as officers from city, county and state agencies - enforcing all local, state and federal laws and ordinances within the jurisdiction of the University of Nevada, Reno".

But yes, I understand all too well, you must use two of the rules from the "liberal playbook" when your "opinions" are questioned;
(1) resort to infantile name-calling,
and
(2) Insult another's intellect when facts are presented against us in an argument to further solidify our "position."
Your liberal bias screams volumes...

(1) You are infantile, hence any names I called you are apropos.

(2) Your so-called "intellect" deserves every insult it receives.

Stop acting like such an obnoxious, gasbag idiot and your "intellect" (weak as it is) won't be the target of what you call insults, but what people with actual, normal level intellect, would describe as being told the truth about yourself.

YOU and your immature, juvenile cohort ILA.

You both argue like a couple of below average 14 year olds.

So let’s be clear. You are OK with cops speaking out on issues you agree with just not issues you are against right?

Sorta like Russia is a big bad threat as it relates to Trump but not Podesta and the Clintons.

Situational ethics at its finest

Cops aren't supposed to publicly take sides in contentious social and political issues.

Common sense.

Something that seems to be in rather short supply these days.

Especially on the right.

And of course; you can cite that rule, where it states as you've suggested!!

So let’s be clear. You are OK with cops speaking out on issues you agree with just not issues you are against right?

Sorta like Russia is a big bad threat as it relates to Trump but not Podesta and the Clintons.

Situational ethics at its finest

Post a link to me saying I'm ok with what you say I am.

Your failure to do so will be construed as an admission that you know you are full of shit.

Why; it's a costume and unless he did it on duty, isn't he able to dress as he pleases?

Because any time an officer is in a public place (meaning anywhere other people are and he/she can be observed by others or as in this case, photographed) they represent the department they work for and anything they say, do or wear, is considered a direct reflection on that department.

But of course, you idiots understand that, though you pretend not to for the sake of pushing your idiotic troll agenda.

And of course; you can cite that rule, where it states as you've suggested!!

From the ABA Journal:

"High-profile controversies over police shootings, questionable promotions, racial profiling, attacks on law enforcement and race-based incidents have led to an increase in public employees being disciplined for publicly posting commentary deemed offensive or incendiary.

Public employees have been suspended for all manner of speech—supporting the shooting of police officers, lauding officers for shooting citizens, criticizing their students or co-workers, mocking minorities or religions and for a litany of other messages on social media".

Anything else I can set you straight on?

Because any time an officer is in a public place (meaning anywhere other people are and he/she can be observed by others or as in this case, photographed) they represent the department they work for and anything they say, do or wear, is considered a direct reflection on that department.

But of course, you idiots understand that, though you pretend not to for the sake of pushing your idiotic troll agenda.

How is his costume a reflection on the department he works for??

From the ABA Journal:

"High-profile controversies over police shootings, questionable promotions, racial profiling, attacks on law enforcement and race-based incidents have led to an increase in public employees being disciplined for publicly posting commentary deemed offensive or incendiary.

Public employees have been suspended for all manner of speech—supporting the shooting of police officers, lauding officers for shooting citizens, criticizing their students or co-workers, mocking minorities or religions and for a litany of other messages on social media".

Anything else I can set you straight on?

How is the costume offensive or incendiary??

How is his costume a reflection on the department he works for??

Anything he expresses is a reflection on the department he works for just like with any other company or agency.

Common sense ought to tell you that.

Or maybe you Trumptards just don't have any.

How is the costume offensive or incendiary??

It's not to me, but if you can't figure out how it would be to certain other people, you must've been living in a cave for the past few years.

Apparently, the favorite tactic of the far right, Trumptard wingnut crowd, is asking one stupid question after another, because so far, that's all I've gotten out of you people on this topic and in this thread.

Anything he expresses is a reflection on the department he works for just like with any other company or agency.

Common sense ought to tell you that.

Or maybe you Trumptards just don't have any.

It's not to me, but if you can't figure out how it would be to certain other people, you must've been living in a cave for the past few years.

Apparently, the favorite tactic of the far right, Trumptard wingnut crowd, is asking one stupid question after another, because so far, that's all I've gotten out of you people on this topic and in this thread.

You keep saying it; but you haven't shown that it was.

Back