Predicted Famine

• Thread starter Thread starter benbaer
  • Start date Start date
The reality is, storing up some food is a minimum way to prepare for such a circumstance, whether it be some natural disaster or what appears to be a planned effect taking our production away.

Just good sense Damo to keep at least 30 days of non or semi-perishable food tucked away.
Heck might come in handy during the truckers strike this year.

Just good sense Damo to keep at least 30 days of non or semi-perishable food tucked away.
Heck might come in handy during the truckers strike this year.
I keep more than a month and my goal is to have nearly a year of nonperishables available. It is one of the few things the Mormons get right.

Yeah I could probably get by for between 6 months and a year without killin a critter to eat. I could get by for over a year myself, but have my handyman and his wife living on the place.
I have a sheet metal lined pantry 8X10 pretty full of flour, sugar, meal, canned goods, taters, dried and canned milk, cooking oil, etc The sheet metal lining ensure that no rodents get in to share in the bounty.

I thought it will be due to the honey bees dying? :(
I haven't had a problem with that yet, though a friend of mine has had three hives just disappear without a trace. I'm beginning to wonder if it really is the cell phone signals messing with their natural homing devices, even the queen leaves.

If i were you i'd start worrying.

Taking into account some unforeseen agricultural disaster, a livestock epidemic and a worldwide economic collapse, once the world has gobbled up their stocks of tinned cabbage, cup-a-soups and microwave chips they are going to be looking for meat and the best source of meat on the planet is the delicious fleshy bulk of the American carcass.

N'yum N'yum.

By the time the world finished its stock of tinned cabbage, cup-a-soups and microwave chips, the skinny people here will have died and the fat ones will have slimmed down.

Well, except for those of us who stockpile guns & ammo. I always encourage people to prepare for disastor by storing lots and lots of food and other necessities. I stockpile ammo so I can go shopping in these people's houses. :cof1:

I haven't had a problem with that yet, though a friend of mine has had three hives just disappear without a trace. I'm beginning to wonder if it really is the cell phone signals messing with their natural homing devices, even the queen leaves.

We've had problems with that here. Year before last my garden was pollenated mostly by bumble bees, wood bees and moths. I didn't see more than three or four honey bees. Last year it was much better. My uncle's hives have been doing well and I have even found him some swarms in areas where I haven't seen bees for a long time.

As to storing up food......my mom could have passed for a Mormon. After she passed away you should have see the amount of preserved food we excavated from her "pantry" (a really large room built on the back porch).

Back