President Obama just wished us all a Merry Christmas

Last year they had 37 Christmas trees around the WH.. There's rumors that there are even more this year.

http://news.investors.com/politics-...-594258-obama-white-house-christmas-trees.htm

The economy may be weak, unemployment strong and the first family soon to vacate the White House for another half-month of vacation in Hawaii.

But the Obamas have gone all out in decorating their house this year, including a nearly quarter-ton gingerbread White House.

They have also installed 37 different Christmas trees. Thirty of the trees are live, or were, including one nearly 19-feet tall from Wisconsin. Seven of the three dozen Christmas trees are artificial or homemade including, of course, one from recyclables.

"We have 37 Christmas trees here at the White House--37!" Michelle Obama excitedly told a recent group of visitors. "That's a lot, right? Yes, that's a lot of trees. And we also have a 400-pound White House gingerbread house."

Last year they had 37 Christmas trees around the WH.. There's rumors that there are even more this year.

http://news.investors.com/politics-...-594258-obama-white-house-christmas-trees.htm

The economy may be weak, unemployment strong and the first family soon to vacate the White House for another half-month of vacation in Hawaii.

But the Obamas have gone all out in decorating their house this year, including a nearly quarter-ton gingerbread White House.

They have also installed 37 different Christmas trees. Thirty of the trees are live, or were, including one nearly 19-feet tall from Wisconsin. Seven of the three dozen Christmas trees are artificial or homemade including, of course, one from recyclables.

"We have 37 Christmas trees here at the White House--37!" Michelle Obama excitedly told a recent group of visitors. "That's a lot, right? Yes, that's a lot of trees. And we also have a 400-pound White House gingerbread house."

How many vacation days did Bush II take? How many has Obama taken? I thought so. Dismissed.

Why all of a sudden is this an issue for you when the Obama's are in the White House? Hmmm?

Why all of a sudden is this an issue for you when the Obama's are in the White House? Hmmm?

When did I say it was an issue? I'm just pointing out that they seem to celebrate Christmas at the WH. Not everything I have ever said about Obama is a criticism.

When did I say it was an issue? I'm just pointing out that they seem to celebrate Christmas at the WH. Not everything I have ever said about Obama is a criticism.

You mean to tell me that those turds from Andrew Malcolm aren't intended as criticism?

You mean to tell me that those turds from Andrew Malcolm aren't intended as criticism?

Ah, I see, you are stuck in fool mode today where you assume that the story was somehow written by me just because I linked it.

They were the first stories that popped up on Bing for whatever search string I was using at the time. I don't particularly care if they spend their money on trees or big gingerbread houses. In fact I think it is pretty darned cool. If I was that rich I'd probably do much the same. It is my opinion that one should enjoy what they have and live now. I also don't care what vacations the dude takes, or even if he golfs. Just for an FYI...

Hmm 1889.
And it did not become a custom till after 1929?
I guess up till then the atheists had been winning the war on Christmas?

However, President Tyler had a Christmas Tree at the WH when he was President (1840). It is mentioned in a story about a children's party he had there.

Back