Privacy and Surveillance: U.S. ranked worst in democratic world

You're dodging the question Mr. McMullet. Economic freedom is what our thirsty friend here is referring to.

That's retarded. Like I'm going to flee to another country to be abused by my employer. The only reasons Mexicans "flee" here is because we're the nearest developed country. Look at Algeria and, for Christ sake, France. And they're seperated by a sea.

And if you're looking for economic freedom, the top nation in that regard would certainly not be the US. What with "right to work" laws and all, our economic freedoms are severely restricted in favor of big business.

Very few people who identify themselves as "libertarian" have no concern for privacy rights and civil liberty, and "only care about economic freedom". Can you point out some of these individuals to me?

Consider yourself skewered.

Conservative-libertarians DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT FREEDOM.

If conservative libertarians were making a constitution, here's the order of liberties they'd think up:

Freedom of slavery
Freedom to not have a minimum wage
Freedom from corporate taxes
Freedom to start a business
Freedom of business privacy
Freedom of banking
Freedom to not make accounting reports
Freedom from labour unions
Freedom from worker complaints

Shit, what did we forget? Oh yeah, throw freedom of speech in there. Scratch that, freedom of speech, except whenever critiscizing business.f

I don't know.

But so many libertarians, whenever reading about their defenses of social freedoms, do it in a procedural manner. They believe in it only because of doctirine. Where it's not specifically stated in their doctirine, they only come around if you can convince them it should be in it.

Economics is their passion.

I don't know.

But so many libertarians, whenever reading about their defenses of social freedoms, do it in a procedural manner. They believe in it only because of doctirine. Where it's not specifically stated in their doctirine, they only come around if you can convince them it should be in it.

You're spewing mindless conjecture all over the board again. When you were a "libertarian" lol, what was your passion? I mean besides wanking all the time?

I don't know.

Huh?

That's horseshit.

If conservative libertarians were making a constitution, here's the order of liberties they'd think up:

Freedom of slavery
Freedom to not have a minimum wage
Freedom from corporate taxes
Freedom to start a business
Freedom of business privacy
Freedom of banking
Freedom to not make accounting reports
Freedom from labour unions
Freedom from worker complaints

Shit, what did we forget? Oh yeah, throw freedom of speech in there. Scratch that, freedom of speech, except whenever critiscizing business.f

Oh you are just trolling again.

Huh?

That's horseshit.

I'm not sure.

The amount of rage that a lot of libertarians direct at municipal ordinances regarding indoor smoking, and trans-fat bans, appears to exceed any concern regarding the massive federal intrusion into privacy and electronic survellaince as documented in this report. I actually haven't seen any anger from libertarians with regard to the conclusions of this report...only defensiveness. ;)

You're dodging the question Mr. McMullet. Economic freedom is what our thirsty friend here is referring to.

I score this a field goal beefy. Not quite a touchdown.

True, many immigrants come here for economic opportunity, for family ties, for educational opportunities. I don't think a lot of them come here primarily for the second amendment, or the first amendment.

And most of the ones coming here are from places like mexico, phillipines, china, india, and other developing countries. So, to proclaim, as Cawacko did, that they're coming here for freedom, is only tangentially related to this report.

This report mostly looks at the developed democracies, and some of the major nations like Russia and China. I don't think your seeing massive waves of immigration here from places like Germany, Holland, and Sweden; i.e., places that rank higher than us in terms of personal privacy and freedom from government survellaince and intrusion.

I'm not sure.

The amount of rage that a lot of libertarians direct at municipal ordinances regarding indoor smoking, and trans-fat bans, appears to exceed any concern regarding the massive federal intrusion into privacy and electronic survellaince as documented in this report. I actually haven't seen any anger from libertarians with regard to the conclusions of this report...only defensiveness. ;)
QFT Cypress. Righties are all for state and municipal rights until San Francisco imposes public smoking bans. Or Bloomberg imposes transfat bans. Then all of the sudden it is those liberal fucking politicians telling people what is good for them. I oppose laws that restrict a womans right to choose an abortion in the first 20 weeks and I oppose laws that tell businesses that they can't allow patrons to smoke in their businesses. The rest of you are authoritarians.

Back