Psychaitrists identify "Climate Change Delusion" disorder

Little-Acorn

It's a telling measure of just how off-the-deep-end liberals have gone, that the funniest jokes told about them keep turning out to be TRUE.

The article refers in part to the Australian government, but of course notes prominent American politicians who have swallowed the man-caused-climate-change nonsense whole, and even made careers out of it much like snake oil salesmen did in the 19th century.

Gotta love it! :thup:

--------------------------------------------------

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23991257-25717,00.html

Doomed to a fatal delusion over climate change

by Andrew Bolt

July 09, 2008 12:00am

PSYCHIATRISTS have detected the first case of "climate change delusion" - and they haven't even yet got to Kevin Rudd and his global warming guru.

Writing in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry, Joshua Wolf and Robert Salo of our Royal Children's Hospital say this delusion was a "previously unreported phenomenon".

"A 17-year-old man was referred to the inpatient psychiatric unit at Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne with an eight-month history of depressed mood . . . He also . . . had visions of apocalyptic events."

(So have Alarmist of the Year Tim Flannery, Profit of Doom Al Gore and Sir Richard Brazen, but I digress.)

"The patient had also developed the belief that, due to climate change, his own water consumption could lead within days to the deaths of millions of people through exhaustion of water supplies."

But never mind the poor boy, who became too terrified even to drink. What's scarier is that people in charge of our Government seem to suffer from this "climate change delusion", too.

"the man-caused-climate-change nonsense whole"

You know definitively, without any doubt, that the idea of AGW is "nonsense"?

"the man-caused-climate-change nonsense whole"

You know definitively, without any doubt, that the idea of AGW is "nonsense"?

We know that anthropogenic CO2 forcing is not driving climate or we would have seen a continued rise in average global temps for the last decade. We have not. What we have seen is that natural variations are owerpowering the dangerous CO2 forcing.

You might want to spend some time learning what you believe in Lorax.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!HHAHAHAH1! !! HAQHAHAHAHQHAHAHAHAH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!1!!!11!!AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA HAA HAH 1 !!! AHAHAHAHL1!111111!

We know that anthropogenic CO2 forcing is not driving climate or we would have seen a continued rise in average global temps for the last decade. We have not. What we have seen is that natural variations are owerpowering the dangerous CO2 forcing.

You might want to spend some time learning what you believe in Lorax.

You're as stupid as the people you criticize if you think that represents any kind of "trend" in terms of climatology, particularly with the effect of La Nina over the past couple of years.

You're just like them; you'll latch onto the smallest bit of evidence as definitive "proof" that "we know that anthropogenic CO2 forcing is not driving climate or we would have seen a continued rise in average global temps for the last decade". You'd make an awful scientist, to arrive at such a far-reaching conclusion based on a small slice of evidence with no analysis whatsoever of other factors involved.

You're as stupid as the people you criticize if you think that represents any kind of "trend" in terms of climatology, particularly with the effect of La Nina over the past couple of years.

You're just like them; you'll latch onto the smallest bit of evidence as definitive "proof" that "we know that anthropogenic CO2 forcing is not driving climate or we would have seen a continued rise in average global temps for the last decade". You'd make an awful scientist, to arrive at such a far-reaching conclusion based on a small slice of evidence with no analysis whatsoever of other factors involved.

LOL
You have to be kidding. The whole AGW scare rests on CO2 driving climate past some imaginary tipping point.

Should I quote Hansen?

http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/jun2007/2007-06-01-01.asp

NEW YORK, New York, June 1, 2007 (ENS) - A stern warning that global warming is nearing an irreversible tipping point was issued today by the climate scientist who the Bush administration has tried to muzzle.

James Hansen, director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York, today published a study showing that greenhouse gases emitted by human activities have brought the Earth’s climate close to critical tipping points, with potentially dangerous consequences for the planet.

"If global emissions of carbon dioxide continue to rise at the rate of the past decade," said Dr. Hansen, "this research shows that there will be disastrous effects, including increasingly rapid sea level rise, increased frequency of droughts and floods, and increased stress on wildlife and plants due to rapidly shifting climate zones."

Tipping points can occur during climate change when the climate reaches a state such that strong amplifying feedbacks are activated by only moderate additional warming.

Now, in 2008, the NASA predictions are for cooling until 2015 when PDO goes back into a warm phase. The CO2 scare was based on blaming CO2 forcing for warming that was a result of the PDO warm phase. CO2 forcing will be proven to be oversetimated in GCMs.

CO2 laws will prove to be meaningless.

LOL
You have to be kidding. The whole AGW scare rests on CO2 driving climate past some imaginary tipping point.

Should I quote Hansen?

No, I'm not really kidding. In the field, a 30-year measurement is usually standard when examining trends.

The fact that you'd conclude, definitively, that warming cannot be caused or exacerbated by man's activities because of a 10-year levelling from one of the hottest years on record, without including ANY OTHER FACTORS in your analysis, shows me pretty much all I need to know about your credibility on the topic.

You are entirely driven by ideology and hate for the left when it comes to this subject.

You are entirely driven by ideology and hate for the left when it comes to this subject.

That is so fucking stupid. Go to hell. If you can't talk about natural cycles and their correlation to global temps, then STFU and go away.

That is so fucking stupid. Go to hell. If you can't talk about natural cycles and their correlation to global temps, then STFU and go away.

I'm talking about natural cycles. You're the one who is taking a 10-year average, between one of our hottest years and a period of natural cooling caused by La Nina, and definitively concluding that AGW is not a factor; this goes in direct opposition to standard trend periods used in the field, as well as the fact that there is much more depth to any competent analysis, which is what I'm trying to point out.

129_0.png

Atlantic multidecadal oscillation
pdo_latest.png

Pacific decadal oscillation

Both in warm phase during warmest year ever 1998

WTF are you talking about? I made no mention of ten year averages. Quote me.

I quote hansens doom and gloom soothsaying.

"We know that anthropogenic CO2 forcing is not driving climate or we would have seen a continued rise in average global temps for the last decade. We have not"

Yeah. You made no mention of 10 year averages.

I don't know why I waste any time at all with someone so thoroughly retarded as you.

"We know that anthropogenic CO2 forcing is not driving climate or we would have seen a continued rise in average global temps for the last decade. We have not"

I don't know why I waste any time at all with someone so thoroughly retarded as you.

Hey Onceler, if it don't happen in 10 years it just ain't gonna happen. that is all there is to it.

Gawd made the world in 6 days.

You're an idiot. The average global temp is not the same as a ten year average of the average global temp.

Get a clue dipshit

Back