Question about Bhutto?

Jarod

Contributor
The United States has and continues to support Musharraff leader of Pakastan, key ally in the global war on terrorism.

Musharraff's arch political enemy has been Bhutto.

Yesterday, presumably Al Queda killed Bhutto.

Why are we supporting the guy who is opposing the same person Al Queda is opposing?

We were supporting Bhutto in the elections. Don't assume that because we work with Musharraf it means that we don't see good in a pro-western pro-modernization woman running on a ticket of fighting northern terrorist groups.

We were supporting Bhutto in the elections. Don't assume that because we work with Musharraf it means that we don't see good in a pro-western pro-modernization woman running on a ticket of fighting northern terrorist groups.

We were supporting Bhutto? Do you have a cite?

We were supporting Bhutto? Do you have a cite?
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...are_power_with_Bhutto/articleshow/2284565.cms

While they couldn't do it directly without repercussions the US was working to get Musharraf and her to work together and promoting the idea.

Pretending that they would be able to say, give her money or something is pretense. However, the idea that we would negate a popular pro-western, secular, pro-modernization, candidate in that area is preposterous.

Bhutto is more palatable to the United States, than Musharaff.

But, she's not more palatable to the pakistanis intelligecence and security forces. I still think they intentionally didn't provide her adequate protection. And sympathisers of radicals within their ranks, may well have been complicit in the bombing.

The whole thing is just sad. Although I must admit, I wasn't suprised. I think in the long run it could have done a lot of good for India to have both running the country.

The whole thing is just sad. Although I must admit, I wasn't suprised. I think in the long run it could have done a lot of good for India to have both running the country.
I think it could have done a lot of good for Pakistan too.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...are_power_with_Bhutto/articleshow/2284565.cms

While they couldn't do it directly without repercussions the US was working to get Musharraf and her to work together and promoting the idea.

Pretending that they would be able to say, give her money or something is pretense. However, the idea that we would negate a popular pro-western, secular, pro-modernization, candidate in that area is preposterous.

That was back in August, there is a LOT of water under the bridge since then. I do not believe we were supporting Bhutto as we should have been doing. I think Bush was holding firm to his old position of supporting Musharriff as he tends to do. He looked into Musharriff's eyes and decided he was a good man.

I cant fathom why Bhutto, the archest enemy of Al Queda in Pakastan, was not our Bestest bestest friend.

Bhutto is more palatable to the United States, than Musharaff.

But, she's not more palatable to the pakistanis intelligecence and security forces. I still think they intentionally didn't provide her adequate protection. And sympathisers of radicals within their ranks, may well have been complicit in the bombing.

followup:

Police abandoned security posts before Bhutto assassination

No autopsy performed on body; docs say bullet wounds not found.

Police abandoned their security posts shortly before Pakistani opposition leader Benazir Bhutto's assassination Thursday, according to a journalist present at the time, and unanswerable questions remain about the cause of her death, because an autopsy was never performed.

rawstory.com

doesn't suprise me at all

Let's get real here...........

The lady was no innocent to Pakistani politics...she was run outta dodge because she funneled funds from the tax payers into Swiss bank accounts!
Does this mean she should have been assassinated no! But by no means was she all for the people who supported her...:rolleyes:

The lady was no innocent to Pakistani politics...she was run outta dodge because she funneled funds from the tax payers into Swiss bank accounts!
Does this mean she should have been assassinated no! But by no means was she all for the people who supported her...:rolleyes:

Do you have a cite, or did you just make that up?

Her family? What about her?
Look it up. Seriously.

She was kicked out of the country for it, and on her return still had to stand trial for corruption. Her father was killed for it and she learned at pappy's knee.

This is common knowledge and shouldn't have to be handed to people.

Her family? What about her?

Jarod, I have heard that the Bhutto family was not pure. At all.

But, compared to Musharaf and most of the other corrupt dictators in the muslim world, they were probably the best we could have hoped for.

Look it up. Seriously.

She was kicked out of the country for it, and on her return still had to stand trial for corruption. Her father was killed for it and she learned at pappy's knee.

This is common knowledge and shouldn't have to be handed to people.

It sounds a lot like charges trumped up for political reasons. I feel it is disengenous to claim someone was corupt merely because of something done by there father.

It sounds a lot like charges trumped up for political reasons. I feel it is disengenous to claim someone was corupt merely because of something done by there father.
They weren't "trumped up". It sounds like you don't know how to use google.

All I see are articles saying that charges were dropped. Nuthing but charges, no convictions.

All I see are articles saying that charges were dropped. Nuthing but charges, no convictions.
Hence her continued popularity even after the fact. This doesn't mean that they were "trumped up" though. As any lawyer would know.

Back