Question for Jollie

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel3
  • Start date Start date
A couple of problems with your argument, Dixie.

First of all, any US Military base is American soil. Just like an embassy is US soil.

Second, as someone pointed out to me, we have captured enemy combatants and tried them in our courts. Noriega is the one that comes to mind. He did not commit any crimes in the USA. Yet he was captured in Panama, transported to the USA, and tried by a US court.

As for the US Supreme Court Justices being liberal, at least 5 of the 9 justices were put there by republican presidents. Reagan & the Bushes have put 4 on the bench. So if they are liberal justices they were put there by conservative presidents. Just because you disagree with their ruling does not make them liberal.

In one of your other responses you said that unless we have proof then we don't KNOW they are guilty. Yet you say you KNOW the men being held at Gitmo are guilty.

If we have proof then we should use it in a court. Or hell, use it in a military tribunal. But use it and do something. Some of those guys have been there for 5 or 6 years. Just being held. Thats nonsense.

For everyone else, just because they are on american soil does not necessarily put them under the US Constitution. In fact, being an american citizen and being on american soil does not necessarily put you under the US Constitution.

But the men being held in Gitmo either need to be tried under a military tribunal or under a US court.

1. Gitmo is Cuban soil, the US leases it.
2. Noriega was not an Enemy Combatant.
3. Doesn't matter who appointed the Liberals.
4. I was talking about US citizens protected by the Constitution, not terrorists captured on the battlefield.
5. Yes, being an American on US soil, always gives you Constitutional protection.
6. We have held numerous military tribunals at Gitmo.
7. You are a moron.

1. Gitmo is Cuban soil, the US leases it.
2. Noriega was not an Enemy Combatant.
3. Doesn't matter who appointed the Liberals.
4. I was talking about US citizens protected by the Constitution, not terrorists captured on the battlefield.
5. Yes, being an American on US soil, always gives you Constitutional protection.
6. We have held numerous military tribunals at Gitmo.
7. You are a moron.

1. - you are arguing with me when I said that Gitmo is US soil.
2. - Noriega is still considered a prisoner of war under the geneva convention. And yes, he was an enemy combatant.
3. - If you think Reagan and the Bushes put liberals on the bench you are delusional.

5. - you are wrong here. Being an American citizen and being on american soil does not always give you Constitutional protection.
6. - I know that we have held numerous tribunals. I also know that many of those men have had no formal charges filed, had no tribunal or trial, and are just being held.
7. - Sorry, wrong again.

Since I may not get back on here until monday, let me clue you in to the answer on #5.

Members of the military are not afforded the rights and protections of the US Constitution. They are covered under the Uniformed Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

Back