Question for my investor friends here

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
I have been in China and Latin America for 3 years now. I traded into them from some other non domestic investments. Do you think they have run the course. here are the two funds i am in:

FLATX

FHKCX

Im thinking both are great long term investments and have made me great profits but china is in bubble and Latin America im not sure..

Also i would love to get in at ground of Iraq. could be next Germany or japan post ww2 type investment. they certainly have the crude assets.

Last edited:
I was in and out of BIDU and the etf FXI about 6 times each this year.
Most experts say they will do gangbusters till the olympics.
Warren Buffett just said it's too high for him.

I got out of BIDU and put half into SETI, ¼ into SE and the rest I stuck into MAS. So far I am sitting pretty.

OK, I just want to point out that this morning, I posted this...and it's completely made up, meaningless bullshit, and none of you big investor boys noticed it, just like I knew you wouldn't and I'll tell you why...

Because you're all full of shit too!

Well the BIDU part was ok Darla, the rest I did not have a clue about.
Would have to check the SE ticker abbreviations.

Well the BIDU part was ok Darla, the rest I did not have a clue about.
Would have to check the SE ticker abbreviations.

The BIDU I copied from Top or SF. But did you notice that neither one of them said anything about the rest of my gibberesh? You know why? They weren't sure it was gibberesh. I was laughing when I wrote it, I made it all up

:) Most of the expert stuff is gibberish to me anyway.
Actually It sounded good to me and i was impressed .

And still I do ok. Pretty strange huh ?

I am pretty much just moving my money to safe stuff as it is too much hassle to keep up with the day trading stuff and have enough money for me coming in in pretty safe stuff.
I have enough to get by on in as safe as you can get holes just in case it all falls apart.

:) Most of the expert stuff is gibberish to me anyway.
Actually It sounded good to me and i was impressed .

And still I do ok. Pretty strange huh ?

I am pretty much just moving my money to safe stuff as it is too much hassle to keep up with the day trading stuff and have enough money for me coming in in pretty safe stuff.
I have enough to get by on in as safe as you can get holes just in case it all falls apart.

My grandma used to do that. She said it came from living through the depression. She always had thousands in cash stashed in her home, in all different places. I used to think it was funny, but when I watched the aftermath of Katrina it didn't seem so funny anymore. Cash not a bad thing to have on hand.

The BIDU I copied from Top or SF. But did you notice that neither one of them said anything about the rest of my gibberesh? You know why? They weren't sure it was gibberesh. I was laughing when I wrote it, I made it all up

I knew you were bullsh*tting :cof1:

I knew you were bullshitting too, it did sound really good but it was just too weird picturing you into investments.
I think that topspin and chapdog aren't bullshitting though, I mean why would they? Also Superfreak does investments for a living so if he didn't call bullshit on them then I doubt it was bullshit.
And for the record, I have no clue what they are talking about either.

My grandma used to do that. She said it came from living through the depression. She always had thousands in cash stashed in her home, in all different places. I used to think it was funny, but when I watched the aftermath of Katrina it didn't seem so funny anymore. Cash not a bad thing to have on hand.
I have 100k stashed and some gold'

The 1/2 of the rest is in insured accounts' Of course if it all falls down.....
the balance is in pretty safe investments.

have no debts and about 259K in property. Income this year will be over 200k'

I Plan on living comfortable for me

OK, I just want to point out that this morning, I posted this...and it's completely made up, meaningless bullshit, and none of you big investor boys noticed it, just like I knew you wouldn't and I'll tell you why...

Because you're all full of shit too!
I honestly thought it was just a joke post, and thus didn't say anything as I always get yelled at for ruining jokes...

Can't lose for winning.

I knew you were bullshitting too, it did sound really good but it was just too weird picturing you into investments.
I think that topspin and chapdog aren't bullshitting though, I mean why would they? Also Superfreak does investments for a living so if he didn't call bullshit on them then I doubt it was bullshit.
And for the record, I have no clue what they are talking about either.

I actually think that SF does know what he is talking about...Chap and Top I don't know about.

I was just having some fun. I should have kept doing it, on all their "I'm cleaning up today" threads, and seen how long it took either of them to call me on it, if they ever did.

lol darla. i didn't recognize what tickers u posted and was planning to look up but then got slammed with a tsunami of work then had to get home to bring my kid trick or treating. HAHA funny.

im far from a good trader and the reason i do corporate finance work instead. i have made some serious blunders this year like selling VMW at 80(now at 120) and selling Goog at 575 (now at 700). also i just dumped CGI like 1 month ago from stock i got when i worked there and they suddenly announce they are being sold and the stock goes up 15% in a day. pisses me off.

im far from a good trader and the reason i do corporate finance work instead. i have made some serious blunders this year like selling VMW at 80(now at 120) and selling Goog at 575 (now at 700). also i just dumped CGI like 1 month ago from stock i got when i worked there and they suddenly announce they are being sold and the stock goes up 15% in a day. pisses me off.

Isn't everybody wrong sometimes, in regards to the market though? Even the people who get paid millions to predict this stuff on tv.

Back