Question for the Left Wing; Tell Me What You Know About Onions

I'm Watermark

Diabetic
YellowOnions.jpg

I don't like onions. The Mrs. was cooking with them the other night and came out with tears in her eyes. I didn't know she had been in the kitchen so I thought it was something I had done wrong to make her cry. My stomach just dropped. I was quite relived it wasn't me that caused her to cry but still, F Onions.

My students would say I was a hard taskmaster, a swine really, but that I did know my onions. What could they have meant?

Onions are one of the spices of life. Imagine Tuna salad, Chicken Salad, Hot Sausage subs, cheeseburgers...heck, sandwiches in general....pasta sauce without onions? Onion Rings?

Onions....like Unions....make life better for those everyday Patriotic Americans that utilize them.

Onions are one of the spices of life. Imagine Tuna salad, Chicken Salad, Hot Sausage subs, cheeseburgers...heck, sandwiches in general....pasta sauce without onions? Onion Rings?

Onions....like Unions....make life better for those everyday Patriotic Americans that utilize them.

onions in tuna salad?.....no way.....

onions in tuna salad?.....no way.....

Really? You a tuna and mayo kind of guy, Mr. Bland?

Although....and I really hate to say this.... because I am a no frills kind of person? But my daughter made chicken salad a few months ago... she included not only the typical fare of onions hard boiled eggs and celery.... but sliced grapes and sliced apples.... and I have to admit? I kind of liked it.

I am, by and large... not a fruit person. I don't care for sweet foods. I am more of a salty/spicy food guy.(and my blood pressure....even at 48 and overweight is always 120/70 or so....never higher than 80)

I know they are the cornerstone of most of my cooking. Vidalia onions (when in season) are manna from heaven. I grill them, saute' them, slice them and soak them in ice water to make them more crispy and delicious.

Back