Question for the Left Wing; Tell Me What You Know About Onions

Really? You a tuna and mayo kind of guy, Mr. Bland?

Although....and I really hate to say this.... because I am a no frills kind of person? But my daughter made chicken salad a few months ago... she included not only the typical fare of onions hard boiled eggs and celery.... but sliced grapes and sliced apples.... and I have to admit? I kind of liked it.

I am, by and large... not a fruit person. I don't care for sweet foods. I am more of a salty/spicy food guy.(and my blood pressure....even at 48 and overweight is always 120/70 or so....never higher than 80)

I used to do just tuna/mayo/maybe celery - but now I've gotten into adding chutneys into it; or a relish. Comes out pretty good! A fruit chutney is easier to add than slicing up grapes and apples...the lazy way to get fruit into the tuna salad!

When you grow onions in the garden, wait until they have a few inches of green then remove dirt from around onion, leaving only the roots in the ground - until it practically falls over. This will make 'em big round babies instead of long with a lot of green.

Tuna salad ... Tuna, finely diced onion, hard boiled egg, finely diced dill pickle and mayo.

Got married and the wife just mixes tuna, mayo and some celery seeds. She has an aversion to raw onion. :(

Tuna salad ... Tuna, finely diced onion, hard boiled egg, finely diced dill pickle and mayo.

Got married and the wife just mixes tuna, mayo and some celery seeds. She has an aversion to raw onion. :(

Time to make two batches, one for you, one for her.

Does everyone still do tuna? we've been switching to canned chicken ....

Tuna's best on a slice of bread or even a kracker. No other way here.

Oh, and it has to be dry. No mayo.

Back