Rain and Thunderstorms in Virginia, Pennslyvania, and North Carolina

Also dungshit... YOU are the one on here that began lashing out. Rather than addressing my point, you resorted to name calling.

Again dumbshit, do try to pay attention this time... but

1) WHAT idiot thought it would be a good idea to have people with ballots wait in the line to begin with?

I really have to agree, I've never even heard of this. And you are right, it's not hard to keep it dry, everyone has a pocket.

Dung, this whole thread was a joke by CanadianKid, why try and legitamize it?

Just a word to clear up the wet ballots thing: apparently people were entering the polling place wet from the rain, then filling out the ballots before drying off (nothing was said about how they were to dry off; air dry is my guess). The ballots therefore became wet during the filling out and problems arose in the scanning. The poll workers were suggesting that people dry off before filling out the ballots.

So nobody was coming in with pre-filled ballots that got wet outside.

Hope that this can tone down some of the rancor. :)

Just a word to clear up the wet ballots thing: apparently people were entering the polling place wet from the rain, then filling out the ballots before drying off (nothing was said about how they were to dry off; air dry is my guess). The ballots therefore became wet during the filling out and problems arose in the scanning. The poll workers were suggesting that people dry off before filling out the ballots.

So nobody was coming in with pre-filled ballots that got wet outside.

Hope that this can tone down some of the rancor. :)

Now WHY did you have to come in and act all sensible? That kind of spoils the fun :(

;)

Also dungshit... YOU are the one on here that began lashing out. Rather than addressing my point, you resorted to name calling.

You do know that dungshit is redundant, right?

Anyway, I'm off to my election party, see you guys, or, if something should go terribly awry tonight, maybe not, as i plan on committing suicide. I have no intention of sticking around to find out that the haters won and can go on another four year murder spree. And those smirks. God help us, those smirks. 8 years of that god awful smirking is more than any decent human being should have to bear.

You do know that dungshit is redundant, right?

Anyway, I'm off to my election party, see you guys, or, if something should go terribly awry tonight, maybe not, as i plan on committing suicide. I have no intention of sticking around to find out that the haters won and can go on another four year murder spree. And those smirks. God help us, those smirks. 8 years of that god awful smirking is more than any decent human being should have to bear.

yes, I do realize the redundancy... thanks for pointing it out Capt. Obvious.

Have fun at your party... don't stress, its in the bag. The only question now is do the Dems reach 60.

yes, I do realize the redundancy... thanks for pointing it out Capt. Obvious.

Have fun at your party... don't stress, its in the bag. The only question now is do the Dems reach 60.

ok thank you. one of my favorites - atrios - just wrote that he "feels good intellectually about tonight, but is starting to waver emotionally". I so get that. Nate Silver is who is keeping me hanging on to my intellect, and not allowing my emotions to get me...mostly.

ok thank you. one of my favorites - atrios - just wrote that he "feels good intellectually about tonight, but is starting to waver emotionally". I so get that. Nate Silver is who is keeping me hanging on to my intellect, and not allowing my emotions to get me...mostly.

I can understand that... it has been a while since the Dems won one and given their propensity to pull a loss out of nowhere, the sentiment is justifiable. That said, tell your friends they can all relax. If I have given up on a McCain win, there is no way he is going to win. You know I don't give up easily. Just tell them the all mighty superfreak has spoken!

:D

Im telling you rain isn't going to deter all the african americans who have waited their life for this moment. Same with the white folks (like me) who are cheering it on.

I just had my appendix out and I would have wheeled myself to the polls if i had to, and I live in a safe D state, but I still would have just to be a part of the making of history.

Back