Rapture anxiety

I think teaching children all that rapture and fire and brimstone stuff is just wrong.

I don't even think it is good Christian Theology. It is mostly just practiced by conservative Protestant evangelicals.

What I came to understand is they are trying to engrain it into your soul so that you will stay saved. I get it, my mother didn't want me in Hell... and if she is right that is where I will go because I just can't get my "soul" to believe it. I know that, for me, if you try to force it, it just makes it worse. I would spend hours arguing with the fam... It was unpleasant, it was "wrong" in a way but showed they cared in another.

Yeah, using fear to imprint a religion on a child is wrong. I just remembered and did not do the same thing to my children.

What I came to understand is they are trying to engrain it into your soul so that you will stay saved. I get it, my mother didn't want me in Hell... and if she is right that is where I will go because I just can't get my "soul" to believe it. I know that, for me, if you try to force it, it just makes it worse. I would spend hours arguing with the fam... It was unpleasant, it was "wrong" in a way but showed they cared in another.

Yeah, using fear to imprint a religion on a child is wrong. I just remembered and did not do the same thing to my children.

That is why I created my thread about that.

We barely understand life, it is hubris for anyone to claim they understand death.

Wow, ok. You really are obsessed with religion.

You have some substantial work to do on improving your skills of observation and deduction.

I scanned the last six paged of threads I have posted, and only 18/156 = 0.115 = 11 percent had anything to do with religion.

And about half of those that did were actually mocking fundamentalist christians.

Ra-men. Ditto here.

You have some substantial work to do on improving your skills of observation and deduction.

I scanned the last six paged of threads I have posted, and only 18/156 = 0.115 = 11 percent had anything to do with religion.

And about half of those that did were actually mocking fundamentalist christians.

Religion is interesting to learn about and discuss. Isn't that part of the purpose of this forum?

Religion is interesting to learn about and discuss. Isn't that part of the purpose of this forum?

I think so

I think I benefit from a basic working knowledge of world religions, and one cannot really separate history, culture, sociology from religion.

Back