RASMUSSEN South Carolina: Obama 42% Clinton 30%

Rasmussen's site doesn't have the latest SC polling, but these #'s wouldn't shock me. According to them, Hill's national lead has shrunk down to just 4%, which bodes terribly for her on Super Tuesday (which she was counting on, since she is going to lose the next 3 contests):

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ial_election/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Something has really caught fire with Obama. I have to admit, I have been somewhat swept up in it. His speech after Iowa was better than just about any politician I have heard in my lifetime, including Bill Clinton, who is a great orator. Yeah, it's just a speech, but I wouldn't count "ability to inspire" too low on my priority list for President.

Monday, January 07, 2008
Advertisment
The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey in South Carolina shows that Barack Obama has opened a double digit-lead over Hillary Clinton in the January 26th Primary Election. It’s Obama 42% Clinton 30%. John Edwards attracts 14% of the vote and nobody else tops 3%.

In Edwards back yard he can't top 14%?

Well, 50% of the D primary voters in that state are African American. I would expect a majority of them to go for Obama...wouldn't you?

But, if Edwards can't do well in S Carolina he's out. Hillary would have to drop lower, and he'd have to pick up her support. I don't expect him to pick up support from Obama at this point, Obama has the big momentum with him, he might very well sweep through ever state until Super Tuesday and then clean up then too. He might be unbeatable in the primary at this point. It's a very interesting and exciting race, the most exciting of my lifetime I have to say.

Well, 50% of the D primary voters in that state are African American. I would expect a majority of them to go for Obama...wouldn't you?
But, if Edwards can't do well in S Carolina he's out. Hillary would have to drop lower, and he'd have to pick up her support. I don't expect him to pick up support from Obama at this point, Obama has the big momentum with him, he might very well sweep through ever state until Super Tuesday and then clean up then too. He might be unbeatable in the primary at this point. It's a very interesting and exciting race, the most exciting of my lifetime I have to say.
True enough but of the other 50% he can't motivate more than 14% to say they support him. That is REALLY sad and very good all at the same time.

" It's a very interesting and exciting race, the most exciting of my lifetime I have to say."

Mega-ditto's!

It's a real phenomenon. Plus, as much as I slam McCain, a McCain/Obama campaign for Pres would actually be the best Presidential race of my lifetime; a real choice, between 2 intelligent, principled & competent candidates. How often can you say that....

Just go ahead and say it.... you know you want to....

Superfreak was right.... Edwards is toast.

:cool:

True enough but of the other 50% he can't motivate more than 14% to say they support him. That is REALLY sad and very good all at the same time.

Yeah, I am not as smart as SF or Top about the economy I guess, but I believe there's going to be a big-ass crash this year, and that it's going to be bad. If this primary were taking place 6 months from now Edwards' message might resonate more. Hard to say, you have a hostile corporate media who have been pretending that there were always only two people in this race, obama and hillary.

We'll see what happens on the actual day. At this point I expect Obama to be the nominee, but I still have hopes for my preferred candidate. I guess I am like everyone else that way.

Yeah, I am not as smart as SF or Top about the economy I guess, but I believe there's going to be a big-ass crash this year, and that it's going to be bad. If this primary were taking place 6 months from now Edwards' message might resonate more. Hard to say, you have a hostile corporate media who have been pretending that there were always only two people in this race, obama and hillary.

We'll see what happens on the actual day. At this point I expect Obama to be the nominee, but I still have hopes for my preferred candidate. I guess I am like everyone else that way.

Well it would appear you ARE as smart as me. I am also expecting the economy to tip into a recession this year.

Side note: there were just two people in the race. Edwards is a trollish blood sucking leach and doesn't really count as a person.

I will point out, again, that unlike Obama fans SF and Chapdog, I'm actually going to vote for the guy if he's the nominee. :)

Back