Ray Nagin.....

the comparison has some validity.... it took a ridiculously long time to clean up ground zero...and it has taken a ridiculously long time to blather back and forth about what to do with it now that it is cleaned up.....

Check out spike lee's documentary about NO....Nagin certainly does not come away from that looking very good, but the feds look terrible!

I think its a national embarrassment that we have not already built two towers 10 stories taller than the WTC on that spot.

Think about it, it would be the best message to send to the terrorists ever...

You may hit us, but when you do so we will rebuild fast and better! How discouraging to a terrorist to see a rebuilt twin towers better than the first ones!

the comparison has some validity.... it took a ridiculously long time to clean up ground zero...and it has taken a ridiculously long time to blather back and forth about what to do with it now that it is cleaned up.....

Check out spike lee's documentary about NO....Nagin certainly does not come away from that looking very good, but the feds look terrible!

oh please maineman, no they don't half the reason it isn't fixed is b/c its a memorial site and took time to decide what to put there.

two totally separate issues.

I suppose I just have never liked Nagin....I always thought he was a master of spin. Never taking responsibility for anything that went wrong in that situation. I didn't care for his "chocolate city" comment a while back either. I always felt the city/state should have done a way better job responding during that disaster. They have to be the first responders,therefore must be prepared,which they weren't.

Another ongoing argument that will really never be agreed upon by Repubs and Dems...whose fault it was. I felt it was the city/states more than the feds. Some people almost acted like Bush could have done something about the hurricane itself coming!!

Were I king, I would have built three towers in exactly the same shape and apperance except 10 stories taller and with a more airplane proof design if one could be done!

Think about it, it would be the best message to send to the terrorists ever...

While I agree it would be an excellent message it's not better than unity!
You have many already fighting against the thought of rebuilding the towers.

The unity shown after 911 was one of the best things people could of done, show them that life goes on here in America period, but that has long since passed and more can now see the fighting amongst Americans and see one of the big effects of that day.

I did'nt see that one but I think Lee is an outright racist! was it at least a fair look at the event?

well kinda, the biggest diffrence i see is investigation, i feel the NYC investigation would have been alot more detailed

While I agree it would be an excellent message it's not better than unity!
You have many already fighting against the thought of rebuilding the towers.

The unity shown after 911 was one of the best things people could of done, show them that life goes on here in America period, but that has long since passed and more can now see the fighting amongst Americans and see one of the big effects of that day.

I like the idea of Unity.... but not at the cost of following a madman president at all costs... Why not juat have the president agree with and go along with the Democrats for the sake of unity!

I like the idea of Unity.... but not at the cost of following a madman president at all costs... Why not juat have the president agree with and go along with the Democrats for the sake of unity!

LOL, why not tuen it into a bush issue, that did'nt take too long!
Why not just have the dems go along with the other side then? it's a two sided affair Jarod, ya can't have it both ways. There has to a give and take on both sides not on just one, that is not unity at all. Now that is not to defend one side or another but for many issues there is an argument to counter with one way or the other instead of a middle ground.

I agree it would be a powerful message to have rebuilt fast,but I think they were trying to get a good strong opinion on what the nation thought,as well as the individual families,some of whom may not have wanted them to rebuild.

As someone else said,two different situations. I just think Nagin should worry about what he needs to do,not what anyone else does wrong....that is a good leader in this situation.

LOL, why not tuen it into a bush issue, that did'nt take too long!
Why not just have the dems go along with the other side then? it's a two sided affair Jarod, ya can't have it both ways. There has to a give and take on both sides not on just one, that is not unity at all. Now that is not to defend one side or another but for many issues there is an argument to counter with one way or the other instead of a middle ground.

Therein lies the problem with Unity, both sides want their side to be the one you are unified in.

Now I give the Democrats some, not much, credit for trying to go along with Bush. They mostly gave him cart blanch untill reciently. Most of them, wrongly, I belive agreed to let him go into Iraq!

I was all for Unity untill Iraq, at that point the Democrats should have put there foot down, unity was not worth the mess we are currently into.

BULLSHIT

I worked 3 blocks from there when it happened, it was "cleaned up" within a year, the only thing holding back BUILDING has been what to put there.

Nagin is an asshole for trying to deflect his responsibilities onto NY.

I was all for Unity untill Iraq, at that point the Democrats should have put there foot down, unity was not worth the mess we are currently into.

Unity was long lost before recently, it's been evident for some time. Tell me sir why many who supported iraq then now are vehemently against it? At the sake of not totally hijacking the thread, I simply seek a reason!

Therein lies the problem with Unity, both sides want their side to be the one you are unified in.

Now I give the Democrats some, not much, credit for trying to go along with Bush. They mostly gave him cart blanch untill reciently. Most of them, wrongly, I belive agreed to let him go into Iraq!

i dissagree.. i feel the the dems have scince 2000 tring to do anything to get power back... not all but alot of em.. iraq, alot of em were with bush on iraq until the day a us soldier put foot on ground there

BULLSHIT

I worked 3 blocks from there when it happened, it was "cleaned up" within a year, the only thing holding back BUILDING has been what to put there.

Nagin is an asshole for trying to deflect his responsibilities onto NY.

Nagin is an asshole for trying to deflect his responsibilities onto NY

agreed... its a vary lame excuse, but i guess that goes along with a vary lame politician

Back