Remeber that guy who went to prison for phonejamming?

If I thought for a minute Ron Paul had a chance of fixing anything I would vote for him too.

Unfortunately he has no chance.

If I thought for a minute that Ron Paul had a chance of winning anything to be in the position of "fixing" anything I'd kill myself or move to France, depending on finances.

Paul may really mean well but will never get elected and his fixes (even if they were good ideas) would never be passed unless he cloned himself and replace the house and congressional members with his clones.

No viable party out there? Well gee how about because the minute a third party candidate wants to run for election they scream at him or her for wanting to spoil the election a la Ralph Nader and 2000 even though he didn't lose the election for Gore and Gore won the popular vote. There are plenty of other political parties out there who could do just a good a job if not better than the republicans and democrats. Look at Bernie Sanders as an example.

I am a democrat. I believe in what they party stands for. I cheer only what they do that I aprove of. There has not been much to cheer lately. I Still think my party is the only way to improve the US's many current problems. There is no viable third party and the Dems are the best way to change whats currently happening. We can give up on our govermnment or we can give in to the people currently running it. There is a third choice and that is to do whatever will help the most in the shortest amount of time. Is it a perfect choice? NO. Are there any perfect choices in Adult life? No.

When you have to refurbish your house you dont just move out ,you dont just sit back and let it rot you do start fixing what you can fix.

Why a revolution? There ARE other political parties out there who are wanting the chance to prove themselves and have been for years.

If you truely believe voting is of no use then you should be organising a revolution.

I dont think we are there yet. It may come though.

But you vote and support Ron Paul who is just as corrupt as the rest of them. He sends thousands of dollars of pork to his district but won't help the people effected the worst of Katrina. Hello hypocrisy!

I never said nor implied that voting is of no use. I just claimed that I will not vote for corrupt politicians. I will be voting this year as I do every election cycle. I'll be voting for Ron Paul in the Hawaii Caucuses and likely for a third party in the general.

Voting for corrupt politicians is worse than not voting at all, and your blindness towards anything the Democrats do wrong is alarming. You're like the WRL of Democrats.

When have the republicans ever done anything right?

Yes, I don't think William has ever been right, but the point is that party should never supercede principle.

If the Republicans ever do anything right ever again, then William will be right also, because all he does is parrot (R) talking points.

Even though you're a supporter of Ron Paul's who IS a republican. :rolleyes:

My point is that its foolish to blindly support a PARTY, over a CANDIDATE. Thus I will probably be voting third party in the general, unless by some miracle the Republicans nominate Paul. When they don't I part company with them because they're mostly a bunch of cock holes.

Back