Remind me to avoid Austria in the future

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=2024&art_id=nw20080505150631172C948014

Family reunion for dungeon victims

Vienna - Five children of Austrian dungeon victim Elisabeth Fritzl, who had been imprisoned and raped by her father for 24 years, are slowly getting to know each other, a lawyer representing the family said.

The condition of the children was "encouraging," Christoph Herbst, a lawyer looking after the interests of 42-year-old Elisabeth said.

"The children are now finding each other," he told Austrian state broadcaster ORF.

Three of the children, fathered by 73-year-old Josef Fritzl, were taken by their father (and grandfather), who then claimed they had been abandoned by their mother.

The three remaining children spent all of their lives in the windowless dungeon underneath the Fritzl's family home in the town Amstetten.

One of the dungeon children remains in an artificial coma at a local hospital, the others are being treated together with their mother and Fritzl's wife Rosemarie at a nearby clinic.

"She is a very strong woman," Herbst praised Elisabeth's mental strength, who had been abused by her father since the age of 11.

Experts warned that the victims would need a very long time to work through their horrors.

After being lured in the basement by her father, the girl who was then aged 18, was handcuffed to a pillar and later kept on a leash only long enough for her to reach a toilet, reports said.

Amstetten's authorities are meanwhile reaping criticism from abuse experts who allege that officials had missed warning signs in the past that something had been very wrong in the Fritzl family.

Josef Fritzl, who is being detained at a prison in the provincial capital St Poelten, was "calm and contained," prison officials said.

His lawyer Rudolf Mayer said on the weekend he was considering to enter a plea of insanity. - Sapa-dpa

I would have thought you would have already been packing your bags and getting your passport ready WM.

that story is just surreal. I can't even muster up the stomach to keep up with it.

Yeah, I don't even want to try to wrap my brain around this. Some things I just don't want to think humans are capable of, and if they do them, then they are no longer human.

Yeah, I don't even want to try to wrap my brain around this. Some things I just don't want to think humans are capable of, and if they do them, then they are no longer human.

agreed. everytime I see a headline for it, I try to skip it, b/c its too sick and twisted for even me. And that's saying A LOT.

I'm never at a loss for words.

There have actually been several dungeon incidents in Austria over the past few years. What the hell is up with that?

This girl disappeared in 1978. The dad said that she ran off to join a cult - and the authorities believed him, and apparently the mother did too. There was never any search of his house.

I'm never at a loss for words.

There have actually been several dungeon incidents in Austria over the past few years. What the hell is up with that?

Yeah that's the truly weird part.

This is far from the first Dungeon-Prisoner-Rapist occurrence in Austria.

Yeah that's the truly weird part.

This is far from the first Dungeon-Prisoner-Rapist occurrence in Austria.
Well, they have an abundance of "Dungeons"...

It's probably a translation thing. "Basement" might be the better word to use.

Well, they have an abundance of "Dungeons"...

It's probably a translation thing. "Basement" might be the better word to use.

Yeah if your basement is inescapable and you have someone trapped in it, I'm just gonna go ahead and call it a dungeon.

Yeah if your basement is inescapable and you have someone trapped in it, I'm just gonna go ahead and call it a dungeon.
So, people without walk-out basements all have "dungeons" in your lexicon?

Check for stories in the US with "basement" in them, or "trapped in the closet"...

See how often intelligent animals in the US do these activities...

So, people without walk-out basements all have "dungeons" in your lexicon?

Check for stories in the US with "basement" in them, or "trapped in the closet"...

See how often intelligent animals in the US do these activities...

Key words, "Walk-out"

dun·geon Audio Help /ˈdʌndʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[duhn-juhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a strong, dark prison or cell, usually underground, as in a medieval castle.

I'd say this austrian guys cell, qualifies as a dungeon and not a walk out basement.

Back