Removing the 'legacy of slavery': Fort Lee gets renamed over 150 years after the Civi

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Fort Lee, an Army base in Virginia named after a Confederate general, was renamed on Thursday as Fort Gregg-Adams to honor Lt. Gen. Arthur Gregg and Lt. Col. Charity Adams, two Black officers who served in the U.S. Army.

At 94 years old, Gregg is the only living person in the Army’s history to have a base named after him, according to the U.S. Army. Gregg gave more than three decades of his life to the military and became a three-star general during his service.

The base will be jointly named for Adams, who was the first Black officer in the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps (later the Women’s Army Corps).

https://news.yahoo.com/removing-the...-150-years-after-the-civil-war-191431863.html

Fort Lee, an Army base in Virginia named after a Confederate general, was renamed on Thursday as Fort Gregg-Adams to honor Lt. Gen. Arthur Gregg and Lt. Col. Charity Adams, two Black officers who served in the U.S. Army.

At 94 years old, Gregg is the only living person in the Army’s history to have a base named after him, according to the U.S. Army. Gregg gave more than three decades of his life to the military and became a three-star general during his service.

The base will be jointly named for Adams, who was the first Black officer in the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps (later the Women’s Army Corps).

https://news.yahoo.com/removing-the...-150-years-after-the-civil-war-191431863.html

Lets celebrate everybody the name of a fort has been changed. "Systemic" racism has finally been wiped out in America!!!!!!!! Thank God we'll never have to think about that again.

Lets celebrate everybody the name of a fort has been changed. "Systemic" racism has finally been wiped out in America!!!!!!!! Thank God we'll never have to think about that again.

Who, other than you, was stupid enough to say this wiped out systemic racism?

Who, other than you, was stupid enough to say this wiped out systemic racism?

That's the point of renaming forts and libraries and high schools right? You're offended so once we change the names everything will be better right? Renaming this fort struck a blow for truth and justice right? Or did it just appease your hurt little feelings?

I guess there's no need for reparations then....:party:

Precisely. Even if reparations could be paid does anyone really think the issue would go away?

Well, if they get paid reparations, I better get my share since my great grandfather fought for the North in the Civil War and freed their greedy asses. No, the issue will never die, it will just change.

Well, if they get paid reparations, I better get my share since my great grandfather fought for the North in the Civil War and freed their greedy asses. No, the issue will never die, it will just change.

Bingo! This whole thing is a load of horse shit. Lazy hate filled people who have been told they're entitled.

Blacks were sold out by other blacks in Africa and even today the greatest threat to blacks are other blacks. It's sad and even sadder is that the supposed "friends" of blacks, the leftists, couldn't give a shit about them.

Blacks were sold out by other blacks in Africa and even today the greatest threat to blacks are other blacks. It's sad and even sadder is that the supposed "friends" of blacks, the leftists, couldn't give a shit about them.

All the left cares about are votes. They use minorities to further their agendas. The same agendas that hurt minorities.

You don't know who your real great grandfather is or was

Fort Lee had slavery?

Gen. Lee was an America General of the highest regard prior to the civil war. Lincoln BEGGED Lee to lead the Union Army.

But you're not an American, you're Al Qaeda and have no idea what American history is.

Back