Removing the 'legacy of slavery': Fort Lee gets renamed over 150 years after the Civi

I sure do, mongrel.

Yes of course, stories you were told to make you feel better, what next? related to an Indian chief

lol-laughing.gif

The Following User Groans At RB 60 For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (Yesterday)

Did I hurt your feelings, little piglet?

th

Fort Lee, an Army base in Virginia named after a Confederate general, was renamed on Thursday as Fort Gregg-Adams to honor Lt. Gen. Arthur Gregg and Lt. Col. Charity Adams, two Black officers who served in the U.S. Army.

At 94 years old, Gregg is the only living person in the Army’s history to have a base named after him, according to the U.S. Army. Gregg gave more than three decades of his life to the military and became a three-star general during his service.

The base will be jointly named for Adams, who was the first Black officer in the Women’s Army Auxiliary Corps (later the Women’s Army Corps).

https://news.yahoo.com/removing-the...-150-years-after-the-civil-war-191431863.html

sniff sniff sniff...I smell bolshevism.

How many slaves did Lee's fellow Virginian George Washington have?

Of course, Washington didn't rebel against the United States, he rebelled against the British Empire.

All the slaves in the British Empire were emancipated in the 1830s. Then Lee wouldn't have had any. :)

How many slaves did Lee's fellow Virginian George Washington have?

Of course, Washington didn't rebel against the United States, he rebelled against the British Empire.

All the slaves in the British Empire were emancipated in the 1830s. Then Lee wouldn't have had any. :)

In his will, Washington freed his slaves. He got the message.

Back