Republicans look to Reagan era for inspiration

True, but I think that's less important than some of the really heinous things he did with the other face.

I'm going to make an admission I will probably regret later. I actually agree with some of the conservatives here that the religious right isn't really as important as we libs sometimes make them out to be. Yes, they're ugly and horrible and pretty much worthless as human beings. The thing is that most people can tell that they're ugly, horrible and pretty much a waste of skin. The really bad ones make up less than 25% of the population and never will amount to more than that -- IMHO.

I think that, on the whole, the religious right is less dangerous to the nation than are the big business, anti-labor, proto-plutocrats. The pro-business lobbies within both major parties, combined with the all-too-willing militarists, will be the people who do in our nation.

And Reagan was God to that faction.

But the plutocrats only hold power, because of their coaltion with working class bible thumpers whom they've convinced to vote against their own economic interests. Without the bible thumpers, the plutocrats would never hold a majority. So, the ignorance of the bible thumpers is extremely dangerous for the rest of us, because they are so easily manipulated.

Back