Respect for what Trump did!

Jarod

Contributor
While it's inconsistent with all previous actions Trump has taken, I am impressed Trump let Cruz talk without insisting on an endorsement. It's the way it should be, let people disagree, don't over control the speakers. Embrace messiness and dissent.

I consider that strong leadership.

Because it's so inconsistent with Trumps past I really wonder why he did it?

because its as close to an endorsement as hes going to get? Ted hit all of trumps talking points and told people to turn out. Im not expecting much more than that. We already have pence on the ticket so the ted portion of the party is covered. Its not like he has a movement behind him like bernie so he is not as important. Even the "never trump" convention efforts have produced much less results than expected.

At one point didn't the Trump campaign say... No endorsement = no speech?

Apparently Trump made the decision that if he pulled Cruz from the lineup,which he had every right to do once he saw his speech and knew there was no endorsement, that it would cause an even bigger hullabaloo. That's what I read I think at the Times.

With Cruz STILL shooting his mouth off this morning and once again sucking up media attention from Trump, it's hard to say now isn't it. I suppose Cruz was going to act out either way, and they hoped he'd piss less from inside of the tent. That didn't work.

Apparently Trump made the decision that if he pulled Cruz from the lineup,which he had every right to do once he saw his speech and knew there was no endorsement, that it would cause an even bigger hullabaloo. That's what I read I think at the Times.

With Cruz STILL shooting his mouth off this morning and once again sucking up media attention from Trump, it's hard to say now isn't it. I suppose Cruz was going to act out either way, and they hoped he'd piss less from inside of the tent. That didn't work.

What I read it that Cruz stuck to his approved prepared remarks... So why did the Trump children look so surprised and pissed off?

What I read it that Cruz stuck to his approved prepared remarks... So why did the Trump children look so surprised and pissed off?

I don't know, but i don't really believe that story. They also said his prepared remarks went 10 minutes...he was on for 23 and still going when he was booed off. I think there's a lot that went on that we won't know until the post campaign books are written, sometime early next year. Spring 2017?

While it's inconsistent with all previous actions Trump has taken, I am impressed Trump let Cruz talk without insisting on an endorsement. It's the way it should be, let people disagree, don't over control the speakers. Embrace messiness and dissent.

I consider that strong leadership.

Because it's so inconsistent with Trumps past I really wonder why he did it?

Because he knew it would slam the door on his aspirations.

that speech was like the pence endorsement of cruz lol. Anyway im very happy with it already. As long as you ask the base to turnout im good. Pence is from the same ideological wing anyway so the cruzlims will vote for him.

While it's inconsistent with all previous actions Trump has taken, I am impressed Trump let Cruz talk without insisting on an endorsement. It's the way it should be, let people disagree, don't over control the speakers. Embrace messiness and dissent. I consider that strong leadership. Because it's so inconsistent with Trumps past I really wonder why he did it?

Your criteria for engendering respect seem to evolve on a daily basis, Counselor.

I have always felt that one of the best ways to gain the measure of a person is how they act after having made a mistake. If they own up to it, apologies, take all reasonable measures to fix the damage done and then take steps to ensure the mistake is not made again....I consider that person a great leader and an honorable person who I would like to work with. If however they blame others, refuse to apologies, don't take responsibility for the damage done and don't take steps to not repeat the mistake, then that is not a person I want to work with and cant respect. Have you seen the way Trump responds when he or his campaign is confronted with a mistake? He runs and hides, he gets angery, he attacks the victim, he causes worse damage and he does it again next week.

Could be, hard to say.... My thought was a bit different...... After what trumpf did to him & his family the trumpf felt totally empowered, like allowing the victim to sit on the bench next to you after a jailhouse rape......

If the trumpf was ever elected will he ask cruz & McCain to recuse themselves when he proposes legislation?? lol Along w/ Paul, rubio & Graham??

Back