Revenge of the Idiots

AnyOldIron

Atheist Missionary
Dead stingrays with their tails cut off have been found in Australia, sparking concern that fans of naturalist Steve Irwin may be avenging his death.
Mr Irwin, a TV personality known as the "Crocodile Hunter", was killed while diving in Queensland when a stingray's barb stabbed him in the chest.

Since then, 10 stingrays have been found mutilated on Queensland beaches.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5338118.stm

They are good to eat!

That's no excuse for chopping the tails off stingrays.

Steve Irwin made a living by pissing off dangerous animals. He and his fans can't complain if one kills him....

Yeah really resopectful of the crok jock. he was a nature preserver type....Just shows you the types that worship media heroes.

It very puzzling why fans of Irwin would behave in such a way. Irwin loved wildlife and worked for their preservation. He would be horrified to learn that animals were being slaughtered in his name.

That is stupid! 10 cases? How many are usual? Maybe just maybe when a ray dies its tail rots off before the rest of it. What a nothing story with not one bit of evidence to suggest the conclusion........nevermind, its the BBC> LOL

That is stupid! 10 cases? How many are usual? Maybe just maybe when a ray dies its tail rots off before the rest of it. What a nothing story with not one bit of evidence to suggest the conclusion........nevermind, its the BBC> LOL

Yes toby, stingrays' tails fall off when they die, but only since Irwin died.

I don't know if it is in perpetuity or not but I certainly like it. Maybe if I keep it up I'll look like Kaiser Willhelm around here.

BTW I offered the runner up a stab at me and you know who that is.

BTW I offered the runner up a stab at me and you know who that is.

If you want to start one we can but it'll be like postal chess... one or two moves a day....I am still posting from work only...

It seems to be working with my debate with Damo on imagination, so if you want to kick off.....

I don't know marine biology that much, but I think small parts rot before big parts. I like to keep it simple. And is there anything to suggest that anyone is attacking Rays? it is a stupid idea without one bit of evidence.

I'll wait till you're done since you can only do it sparingly or if I finish with one of the two I'm doing now which actually may happen soon.

I don't know marine biology that much, but I think small parts rot before big parts. I like to keep it simple. And is there anything to suggest that anyone is attacking Rays? it is a stupid idea without one bit of evidence.

Toby the evidence is that an unusual number of rays are being found mutilated off of Austrailias coasts. I'm pretty sure that the findings do not match decomposition patterns for it they did they would be dimsissed.

Is this 100% conclusive evidence from what I have seen not yet. Does it merit further looking into yes. I find it strange you so quickly want to write this off. Is this some kind of impossible behavior in your opinion?

Hasn't it been over a month since you've gone down AOI. That kind of service is truly unbelievable. It makes it sound as if you live in a third world country.

What's the usual number of rays found dead? how many have tails? Simple things like that make you question the story. Especially when all they have are 10 dead rays. How did they come to this conclusion? That there is a vandetta against rays? LOL

I would also suggest that anyone who believes this crap are the same people who call Steve a nature preservationalist. This guy goes out and finds critters minding thier own business and pokes them with a stick! Leave the critters alone!

Irwins mission was to educate the public about these creatures. Making it exciting and interesting to viewers. I'm sure Irwin's programs have encouraged some children to take a bigger interest in protecting forms of wildlife that are generally considered scary or distasteful.

Irwins mission was to educate the public about these creatures. Making it exciting and interesting to viewers. I'm sure Irwin's programs have encouraged some children to take a bigger interest in protecting forms of wildlife that are generally considered scary or distasteful.

Steve didn't teach me much. I still kill every poisonous snake I encounter.:)

Steve taught that if you see a critter, fuck with it! Poke it, move it around. play with it........

Back