Reverend Huckleberry Introduces "Egg as Person" Amendment

Cypress

:rolleyes:

Huckabee Endorses 'Egg As Person' Amendment

Denver Post
February 25, 2008

Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee on Monday endorsed a proposed Colorado Human Life Amendment that would define personhood as a fertilized egg....

(The) initiative, if approved by voters in November, would extend state constitutional protections to every fertilized egg, guaranteeing the right to life, liberty, equality of justice and due process of law.

Approval would lay the foundation for making abortion illegal in the state.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/02/25/huckabee-endorses-egg-as_n_88444.html

Huh, that would outlaw the morning after pill too. What happens if there is a "natural" abortion? This amendment, if it passes, should be followed with laws outlawing breast feeding.

Huh, that would outlaw the morning after pill too. What happens if there is a "natural" abortion? This amendment, if it passes, should be followed with laws outlawing breast feeding.

Why don't you ask your guy RonPaul? He proposed the same thing at the federal level.

Sorta, but he left it to the states to decide. I don't agree with Paul 100% and I don't have any need to defend him on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctity_of_Life_Act#Summary_of_bill
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/81/pro-life-action-must-originate-from-principle/

He didn't really leave it to the states to decide:

(1) the Congress declares that--

(A) human life shall be deemed to exist from conception, without regard to race, sex, age, health, defect, or condition of dependency; and

(B) the term `person' shall include all human life as defined in subparagraph (A)

He didn't really leave it to the states to decide:

Yeah, he did. Nowhere in the consitution does it state the feds have power over criminal laws. He removes federal judiciary oversight. He has opposed other amendments that would make it crime, nationally.

However, the part of it you quote makes me uncomfortable for other reasons and would make me opposed to the bill.

I wonder if Colorado families will be able to use a fertizled egg for a child tax credit, on their income tax returns?

Huckabee is just doing what any one of us would do...a bill comes out that supports his position so he endorsed it.

His position as a Presidential candidate, is that a fertilized egg has all the rights and legal protections as a person?

Yikes!
Duh, what do you think Jarod and I have been arguing about in the other thread where he is "afraid" of Huckster's opinions?

Duh, what do you think Jarod and I have been arguing about in the other thread where he is "afraid" of Huckster's opinions?

A somewhat sane position would be that a fertilized egg at implantation should have the rights and legal protections of persons. The position that fertilized eggs at conception should have the rights and legal protections of person is bat-shit loony.

Back