Right Wing Machine

If you were familiar with my posts you would see that I am not very partisan either. I am admittedly anti bush and his types though.

Yeah right dude. Everyone of your posts is against Republicans. It fine to be a partisan hack but don't deny it when it is so transparent.

I do not totally deny being just a bit partisan. Nor do deny being adamantly anti bush, Actually I am proud of that.
But a notable percentage of republicans are now anti bush as well.
Remember he only has about a 30% approval rating among Republicans.

I do not totally deny being just a bit partisan. Nor do deny being adamantly anti bush, Actually I am proud of that.
But a notable percentage of republicans are now anti bush as well.
Remember he only has about a 30% approval rating among Republicans.

That's not true. His overall rating is at or above 30%. If he were at only 30% among Republicans then he would need an equal number of Democrats supporting him at that percentage to be at or above 30% overall. I think we all know that is not the case.

True I guess the number of republicans supporting bush must be far below 30%.

Maybe that poll number owas the ones fully supporting him. I forget. I try to forget all things bush, but the nightmares continue. oops that is reality not dreams, bummer...

True I guess the number of republicans supporting bush must be far below 30%.

Maybe that poll number owas the ones fully supporting him. I forget. I try to forget all things bush, but the nightmares continue. oops that is reality not dreams, bummer...

You're right its all the Democrats who support him and thus have raised his poll numbers.

I'm just trying to figure out how it's the Republicans causing the Democrats to implode? I think that was the point of the thread title? :confused:

I'm just trying to figure out how it's the Republicans causing the Democrats to implode? I think that was the point of the thread title? :confused:

No, that wasnt the point of the title Kathianne, and there is an entire article attached to the first post that you could read, and it might clear up your confusion, I am not sure how you missed it? :confused:

Also, don't forget that Clinton never got a majority of the vote, and didn't have a broad coalition of independents & Republicans voting for him.

Let's not also forget that Bill Clinton ran as a moderate Democrat who co-opted some of the rights agenda, such as, a federal death penalty, harsher prison sentences for criminals, welfare reform, etc. That is what mainly enraged the right wingnuts. As a southerner Bill was viewed as an apostate.

Then when elected, Bill forwarded a liberal agenda, due to internal party pressure, during his first two years in office. It wasn't until 93 that he moved back to the center that he salvaged his re-election hopes. It didnt' hurt that in 96 the Republicans nominated a well respected but superannuated dinosaur to run against him.

Needless to say it was the appalling lack of respect for the office of the Presidency by the right wingnut attack machine that began my alienation with the Republiican party, capped off by the Monica Lewinsky scandel when Republicans proved that partisan politics was vastly more important to them then the best interest of our nation. I was and still am utterly disgusted by the episode. Bill Clinton didn't have much in the way of moral authority but you don't fucking precipicate a constitutiona crisis over a god damned blow job!

Maybe if more conservatives had good blow jobs once in a while the world wold be a better place!

The right-wing machine is sputtering badly and is headed for a crash. It's been marginalized and minimized .. and the Republican Party is in desperate shape.

Thank you George W. Bush.

You know that's probably true. W gave the wingnuts their soap box for 8 years but cost the Republican party the trust of the American public for a generation or more. I just don't feel in good conscience that I can vote for a Republican. Now don't let that statement confuse you that I'm a partisan democrat.

Lou Dobbs is right. If a huge wave of Americans registered as independants, the Republicans and Democrats would both shit their pants because they know they will be held accountable.

No, that wasnt the point of the title Kathianne, and there is an entire article attached to the first post that you could read, and it might clear up your confusion, I am not sure how you missed it? :confused:

"Right Wing Machine"

Ok, Krugman is very Clinton positive, yet he faults him for taking way too long to come up with a bad Health Care Proposal, which came after the administration was faulted for many self inflicted scandals.

He warns Obama about the same, saying he needs a plan hitting the ground and he's not ready. Clinton is.

This is 'Right Wing Machine" how? Oh, you mean the media! The media is right wing. :clink: It's the VAST right wing media's fault, never the Clinton's.

My take. I don't want Obama, but it's a possibility. If he is elected, my tendency will be to disagree, though not dislike him as President. I didn't dislike Jimmy Carter as president, I actually felt sorry for him when the hostages were released as Reagan was sworn in. After he left he earned my dislike. I disliked Nixon, viscerally. I disliked Clinton the way I disliked bullies, asskissers, and cheats in jr. high.

I think Hillary is nastier than Bill, which is saying a lot.

Obama is probably not ready for prime time, but he plays it well. He reminds me of JFK being handsome when Nixon was sweating with make-up running over his beard. It didn't change the fact that Nixon was more qualified, but Kennedy looked much more in control. People are savvier about television now, but do the race card wrong as Clinton's did, pay the price.

Back