Right's reaction to Harris shows how far women/minorities need to go

BartenderElite

Verified User
Raised by a single mom, middle class household, had to work for everything she achieved. Nothing was handed to her (which, btw, stands in stark contrast to the 2 candidates on the other side).

No matter what you think of her politics, her story is really the embodiment of what we consider to be the American dream. It doesn't matter what circumstances you have - you can be anything you want to be if you set your mind to it.

And her resume is stellar - state AG, Senate, VP. Again - a bit of a contrast to real estate guy & TV host.

And what do we hear from the right? "She slept her way to the top....she's a DEI hire....she's stupid".....

In the past 50+ years, both women and minorities have made great progress. But they still have a ways to go.

Raised by a single mom, middle class household, had to work for everything she achieved. Nothing was handed to her (which, btw, stands in stark contrast to the 2 candidates on the other side).

No matter what you think of her politics, her story is really the embodiment of what we consider to be the American dream. It doesn't matter what circumstances you have - you can be anything you want to be if you set your mind to it.

And her resume is stellar - state AG, Senate, VP. Again - a bit of a contrast to real estate guy & TV host.

And what do we hear from the right? "She slept her way to the top....she's a DEI hire....she's stupid".....

In the past 50+ years, both women and minorities have made great progress. But they still have a ways to go.
It's a clear and obvious fact that she has her current job because of her genitalia and her pigmentation. You can stomp your feet and cry but that's just the fact. Next she ren for president and couldn't win even one delegate. Another fact you can ignore. She is now interviewing former next job even though she did nothing to earn consideration for the job. Crying sexism or racism isnt a compelling counter argument. And to say this is because she's a woman is intellectually lazy. Why do you think everyone is as stupid as you?

And look at the left’s reaction to them, starting with “you ain’t black”. We just saw what Nikki Haley went through, people melting down over the fact her mother called her by her middle name since birth and that she wasn’t Indian enough and was too Americanized etc. etc.

I could go on and on. If people want actual change they have to drop the partisan pretenses. Otherwise it rings really hollow because the concern is only in regard to desired political power.

Reactions: TOP
And look at the left’s reaction to them, starting with “you ain’t black”. We just saw what Nikki Haley went through, people melting down over the fact her mother called her by her middle name since birth and that she wasn’t Indian enough and was too Americanized etc. etc.

I could go on and on. If people want actual change they have to drop the partisan pretenses. Otherwise it rings really hollow because the concern is only in regard to desired political power.

A fair critique, but some partisan angle has to be applied to the sheer scale of it on the right compared to the left. On the left, there are SOME comments. On the right, it's pervasive.

A fair critique, but some partisan angle has to be applied to the sheer scale of it on the right compared to the left. On the left, there are SOME comments. On the right, it's pervasive.
To me it’s just another form of white supremacy. You don’t hear white people being accused of selling out their race and not being white based on their thinking or political beliefs. But you do for minorities.

As far as women today, Harris is favored now and polls showed Haley beating Biden had she won the nomination.

The young and inexperienced JD Vance wouldn't be on anyone's shortlist for VP if he weren't a white male.

One year of elected political experience and a few years working in investment banking is a really thin resume to be one heartbeat from the presidency.

The young and inexperienced JD Vance wouldn't be on anyone's shortlist for VP if he weren't a white male.

One year of elected political experience and a few years working in investment banking is a really thin resume to be one heartbeat from the presidency.
How much "elected political experience" did Obama bin laden have when he because the president?

I preface my comment by saying I am not a fan of JD Vance. He doesn’t care for my type of Reagan Republicanism and I don’t care for his populist beliefs.

But how are you arguing he grew up in a privileged background? What exactly was given to him?

And Kamala grew up in a home with two extremely well educated parents who were elite in their fields in academia. I’m not knocking anything she’s done, and my father was in academia so I know teaching alone does not make one rich, but it’s an interesting story you’re trying to spin here

Biden ruled out all men - he vowed that it had to be a female. he played identify politics and you babies cry that we point it out.
lack of honesty and integrity is what we most dislike about your side

as for the hag - she is cheating the process. her positions are not universally popular, and she is hiding them to win. that is only ok to people that only care about the win

I preface my comment by saying I am not a fan of JD Vance. He doesn’t care for my type of Reagan Republicanism and I don’t care for his populist beliefs.

But how are you arguing he grew up in a privileged background? What exactly was given to him?

And Kamala grew up in a home with two extremely well educated parents who were elite in their fields in academia. I’m not knocking anything she’s done, and my father was in academia so I know teaching alone does not make one rich, but it’s an interesting story you’re trying to spin here

More his career than in his upbringing.

Left/Right no longer matters.......New Slaver/Freedom Fighter is the only thing that matters as the WOKE Death Cult finishes the job of ending Constitutional America.

More his career than in his upbringing.
Isn’t that the same for Kamala (and Gavin Newsom)? Willie Brown mentored them both and opened doors for both. They still had to go through them on their own but is that the point you’re trying to argue, Vance didn’t get into the VC world on his own?

Isn’t that the same for Kamala (and Gavin Newsom)? Willie Brown mentored them both and opened doors for both. They still had to go through them on their own but is that the point you’re trying to argue, Vance didn’t get into the VC world on his own?

I appreciate your devil's advocate thing - but you need to research this more. It is not the same. JD had a very wealthy benefactor guiding his career the whole way.

Affirmative action and DEI are inventions of the left. Once you put those policies into place, it is natural to ask the question of why a specific person is put into a position. Biden brought gender and color into play when he specifically said he was going to nominate a black female for the Supreme Court. Neither of those two things are the fault of Republicans.

on the other hand, her old position on all the issues important to voters really suck and she hasn't told anyone what her new position is going to be........that's probably going to show us Harris won't be going far......

lets review her old position......."the border is secure" and "we love Bidenomics".......

Back