Romney: Who Let the Dogs Out?

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01/21/romney-who-let-the-dogs-out/

The presidential hopeful met a friendly crowd at the Martin Luther King, Jr. parade here. The former Massachusetts governor often runs back and forth across streets during parades to greet people and today was no exception. He shook hands with ROTC members, tiny beauty queens, police officers and many parade-goers, including children screaming his name. He jumped off the Mitt Mobile to greet a waiting crowd, took a picture with some kids and young adults and awkwardly quipped, ”Who let the dogs out? Who who.”

He took pictures with many in the crowd and greeted one baby wearing a necklace saying, “Hey buddy! How’s it going? What’s happening? You got some bling bling here!”..............

I'd almost be inclined not to believe it, if they didn't have video of it.

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01/21/romney-who-let-the-dogs-out/

The presidential hopeful met a friendly crowd at the Martin Luther King, Jr. parade here. The former Massachusetts governor often runs back and forth across streets during parades to greet people and today was no exception. He shook hands with ROTC members, tiny beauty queens, police officers and many parade-goers, including children screaming his name. He jumped off the Mitt Mobile to greet a waiting crowd, took a picture with some kids and young adults and awkwardly quipped, ”Who let the dogs out? Who who.”

He took pictures with many in the crowd and greeted one baby wearing a necklace saying, “Hey buddy! How’s it going? What’s happening? You got some bling bling here!”..............

I'd almost be inclined not to believe it, if they didn't have video of it.

TRANSLATION: Stiff, rich old white guy trying to be "hip" with urban kids.

Its very condenscending and offensive. Not that I would have voted for his ass anyway, but its nice to have this in the arsenal.

Its very condenscending and offensive. Not that I would have voted for his ass anyway, but its nice to have this in the arsenal.

It reminds me of that Jackie Chan movie, where he cluelessly walks into an inner city bar, and tries to get "hip" with the locals, by saying "What's up my n*gga?"

Pathetic.

LOL @ Mitt trying to be hip... what a douchebag. Isn't going to get him like the Dean scream, but he certainly looks retarded.

huh, sounds like he was equating a group of young men gathered together to a pack of dogs, which , correct me if I'm wrong, is exactly the metaphor in the song he referenced, but you're right, LadyT, he's obviously a racist since he's white and rich.

It was a telling momment. Republicans just dont seem to understand the American black culture. They are so alien to him that he would quip something stupid like this. Why do they think they have to act differently when they are with black people? He would have never said this in Iowa with white farmers now would he?

They just refuse to see black people as just like them.

It was a telling momment. Republicans just dont seem to understand the American black culture. They are so alien to him that he would quip something stupid like this. Why do they think they have to act differently when they are with black people? He would have never said this in Iowa with white farmers now would he?

Mitt's only crime is being old and white and male.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...64&start=20&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=5

Have you ever heard Hillary speak at a black church ? You blaming only republicans will ensure this mess lasts longer and longer just as surely as republicans blaming demcrats will.

Its not a crime.

Its a perception.

He percieves black people as different from him.

They are not.

So does Hillary and they both are right. If you can't tell the difference between yourself and a black person you have a problem.

Why was the black community not insensed by the Hillary incident?

Because what hillary was doing was reading a spiritual poem that was written in the slang of slaves. Her audience KNOWS that piece of literature and knows that is how you read it.

You think they should have been insensed because YOU dont understand the differance between the two.

It also says that you dont know the black community well enough to understand that.

They are not diffenrent from us it just shows Rommeny does not have enough interest in the black community to be versed in any of their cultural arts.

Why was the black community not insensed by the Hillary incident?

Because what hillary was doing was reading a spiritual poem that was written in the slang of slaves. Her audience KNOWS that piece of literature and knows that is how you read it.

You think they should have been insensed because YOU dont understand the differance between the two.

It also says that you dont know the black community well enough to understand that.

They are not diffenrent from us it just shows Rommeny does not have enough interest in the black community to be versed in any of their cultural arts.

I didn't say anyone should be pissed. It's just what politicians do to seek votes. It's funny watching them try to make as many people happy as they can. You have no clue as to what I know about my black community.

I didn't say anyone should be pissed. It's just what politicians do to seek votes. It's funny watching them try to make as many people happy as they can. You have no clue as to what I know about my black community.

If you would see these two incidents as the same I do?

Back