Romney: Who Let the Dogs Out?

The point is that he knows so little about black culture because he doesnt bother his pretty little head with it becuase those people are not a priority to him.

If he knew more about them he would realize all had had to do was treat them like all other people.

The point is according to you the is no black culture. We are all the same-go tell that to all your black buddies and get ready for a laugh.

Maybe he was trying to connect with them or to be saying "I value what is popular to you and your generation"? Unfortunately, Ol Mitt doesn't watch enough BET.

When Ol Mitt just acts like they're nothing special, as you wish him to do in this instance, I suspect we'd find you fault him for being too impersonal.

Face it Desh, you hate repubs. You don't have any tolerance towards them. That's OK, but stop acting like you're flowing with good will towards ALL men. You seeth with hatred.

Where did I say treating them like they were nothing special? He would have been much better off if he understood that they should be treated just as special as he would a group of white cornhusker kids. Treated them as if they were the future of America and not just rap kids.

He showed he thought they were one dementional.

Where did I say treating them like they were nothing special? He would have been much better off if he understood that they should be treated just as special as he would a group of white cornhusker kids. Treated them as if they were the future of America and not just rap kids.

He showed he thought they were one dementional.

No he didn't. He simply tried to seem hip in an attempt to conncet with the youth of a culture not his own. In his attempt, he came up short by using a less than fresh meme, and instead of forgiving him for this faux paus, you insist on reading into it a racial bias and an intentional degrading where there is neither.

No what I have "read" into it is that he does not care enough about the black youth to understand them and is stuck with the decade old "who let the dogs out" idea of who they are.

If he paid ANY attention to todays youth at all even as a whole he would have not used that stupid phrase.

No what I have "read" into it is that he does not care enough about the black youth to understand them and is stuck with the decade old "who let the dogs out" idea of who they are.

If he paid ANY attention to todays youth at all even as a whole he would have not used that stupid phrase.

You just confirmed what I said. thanks

I just watched the tape all the way through and he talks about Bling Bling on a toddler very near the end fo the tape.

Do you think he would have made that remark about a white child wearing jewelry?

Wow that is embarassing and nothing says "I am really not very comfortable with you people" like trying to perpetrate the fraud that you are down with todays urban youth. He looks completely foolish. The only thing that would have made it better is if he had come out in black face.

But wait. If they aren't different, then Romney did nothing wrong. Which is it? If there's no difference, how could he have been offensive, since we're all of the same kind?

No the truth is there is a difference in cultures between the average caucasian and the average(insert minority here)
I can't believe you all want to pretend to be this dense. What Desh means and what you know she means is that it is possible to talk to people from a different cultural perspective than yours without changing who you are. Mitt doesn't call jewlery bling and so he shouldn't when he is out in the black community. All it says is, "hey I am trying to pander to you black people by pretending I am down with the lingo yo!" Instead talk to them using your speech paterns and verbage you are comfortable with. They will understand cause regardless of where we are from we are all still the same people. Even if Mitt is white and they are black.

I can't believe you all want to pretend to be this dense. What Desh means and what you know she means is that it is possible to talk to people from a different cultural perspective than yours without changing who you are. Mitt doesn't call jewlery bling and so he shouldn't when he is out in the black community. All it says is, "hey I am trying to pander to you black people by pretending I am down with the lingo yo!" Instead talk to them using your speech paterns and verbage you are comfortable with. They will understand cause regardless of where we are from we are all still the same people. Even if Mitt is white and they are black.

You mean talk to a black person the same as you'd talk to a white person?

Are you insane?

I can't believe you all want to pretend to be this dense. What Desh means and what you know she means is that it is possible to talk to people from a different cultural perspective than yours without changing who you are.

Bingo.

I can't believe that liberals on this thread understand this concept, and conservatives don't. It's patently obvious.

I just started dating a woman of color, and if and when I ever meet her family, I'd be a total bigoted moron if I walked in their house and said "Yo bitches! Who let the dogs out - who! who!"

man watching it again, it looks everyone there had fun.

I'm really tired of the posters here dragging everything to it's lowest point. thanks for uniting americans Desh and crew.

Back