Ron Paul down 10 points to warmongering generic Republican

It is the largest reason I didn't join the Libertarian Party when I registered to vote so long ago.

You knew that a bunch of old-guard, elitist libertarians would start an alliance with racist elements and produce incriminating newsletters that would later be used in 2008 to ruin the only major party libertarian Presidential candidate ever to seek the office?

Wish you had shared that tidbit.

Could have been ultra-helpful for me and many others.

So what you are telling me is that you think Rockwell went racist to attract Racists? He WANTED racists in the movement knowing all their baggage? Then they WANTED their movement to become in some part racist. There is no OTHER logical conclusion. Would they espouse quasi communist ideology if it meant that communists would join and vote libertarian? They are either Racists or wanted to promote a racist view point for political gain. Difference without a distinction.

So what you are telling me is that you think Rockwell went racist to attract Racists? He WANTED racists in the movement knowing all their baggage? Then they WANTED their movement to become in some part racist. There is no OTHER logical conclusion. Would they espouse quasi communist ideology if it meant that communists would join and vote libertarian? They are either Racists or wanted to promote a racist view point for political gain. Difference without a distinction.

Who are you addressing this to?

I've been doing nothing but bashing Rockwell for exactly that.

Just sort of directed at those that say they don't think Rockwell is a racist. It matters none at all. If you want racists in your organization you want your organization to be racist.

Repost:

I know. I've read all that and I don't care. I don't think he's actually a racist either, but it doesn't matter at this point does it?

They gambled and lost. They threw their lot in with the white supremacists, betting on them as political allies, and they failed miserably.

If they're such pragmatists then they should understand why the New Generation of Libertarians wants absolutely nothing to do with them.

They are tainted. If they're so concerned with the future of our movement then the best thing they could do would be to kill themselves and leave notes of apology.

Barring that, I will accept apologies and a retreat from public life.

It pisses me off to no end that a libertarian would make a gamble to ally themselves with racists.

I just don't think it is possible to want racists in your organization if you are not a racist. Which is why most libertarians would reject this. It is completely contrary to the libertarian ideology.

They were trying to take a high-minded, long term view and made choices that they thought would make the party stronger.

They ended up disgracing us beyond our wildest beliefs. They have managed to ruin what might have been our only chance.

Repost:

I know. I've read all that and I don't care. I don't think he's actually a racist either, but it doesn't matter at this point does it?

They gambled and lost. They threw their lot in with the white supremacists, betting on them as political allies, and they failed miserably.

If they're such pragmatists then they should understand why the New Generation of Libertarians wants absolutely nothing to do with them.

They are tainted. If they're so concerned with the future of our movement then the best thing they could do would be to kill themselves and leave notes of apology.

Barring that, I will accept apologies and a retreat from public life.

It pisses me off to no end that a libertarian would make a gamble to ally themselves with racists.
Bottom line, I've seen NOTHING that PROVES RP a racist. I've seen many things in the past 2 years that lead me to that conclusion. I can't say he is, but will say it's likely.

He took upwards of $900k per year off of the newsletters. Want to sell me he hadn't a clue to what they were saying over 20 years? Sorry, I may be slow, but not that much.

Bottom line, I've seen NOTHING that PROVES RP a racist. I've seen many things in the past 2 years that lead me to that conclusion. I can't say he is, but will say it's likely.

He took upwards of $900k per year off of the newsletters. Want to sell me he hadn't a clue to what they were saying over 20 years? Sorry, I may be slow, but not that much.

Taking money from it does not mean that he supports those views, but it is a legitimate criticism in another way. If he knew the contents of the letters, it was a cold, mathematical, and unprincipled choice he made to keep the profits.

Taking money from it does not mean that he supports those views, but it is a legitimate criticism in another way. If he knew the contents of the letters, it was a cold, mathematical, and unprincipled choice he made to keep the profits.
Agreed and he lost my vote long ago, for the reason that it's likely he was way less than tolerant.

I'm not the most liberal person in the world, :cool: yet my vote is not based on skin, sex or religion. I want the meanest summabithch to kick ass of our enemies:clink:.

You knew that a bunch of old-guard, elitist libertarians would start an alliance with racist elements and produce incriminating newsletters that would later be used in 2008 to ruin the only major party libertarian Presidential candidate ever to seek the office?

Wish you had shared that tidbit.

Could have been ultra-helpful for me and many others.
No, they were already associated with them in the minds of many.

Could Ron Paul Really Fall?

Forget about the GOP Presidential nomination. Ron Paul never had a chance at it and never will. Why he remains in the race (other than ego) is a mystery to me, since his “message” is being almost universally ignored at this point anyway.What was also being largely ignored by many was Paul’s bid for re-election to the U.S. House in Texas’ 14th Congressional District. After all, given the success rates of incumbents and Paul’s repeated re-election to the House, Chris Peden’s challenge to Paul seemed, at best, quixotic.

But Dr. No’s return to Washington in 2009 just might not be a sure thing - at least according to the folks at Pajamas Media (PJM):

Now, polls show Dr. Paul falling behind relatively unknown challenger Chris Peden in his 14th Texas District endangering his congressional seat in the Texas primary.

In fact, the website claims that internal polling of both campaigns shows Peden holds a double-digit lead over “the taxpayer’s best friend.”

While Paul has been a hugely successful fundraiser (and not so succesful vote getter) in the Presidential race, that may not help him in the House battle:

With reports for January 2008 not yet out, Congressman Paul has spent (according to OpenSecrets.org) $20,262,084 on his presidential campaign - well over a million dollars per delegate (he has 14 to John McCain’s 903). Paul still has nearly eight million in his presidential war chest, possibly more when the new report comes out on Feb. 20, but cannot use any of it in his contest against Peden unless the OBGYN-politician drops out of the presidential race.

Over a million dollars per delegate? That’s an interesting example of efficiency and fiscal conservatism. (While Paul continues to count the ways he can vote “no” on legislation, his presidential website curiously brags that he “introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress,” though we are not told how many of them pass.) Paul has spent three times the money as Mike Huckabee, yet Huckabee has over 200 delegates to Paul’s 14 (or 16, depending on the source).

Challenger Peden, whose views overall seem much more in tune with this conservative district, suggested to PJM that Paul couldn’t make himself give up the national race because he so dearly wanted to deliver a speech to the GOP convention (ego, maybe?).

That preoccupation has apparently taken precedence over mending fences at home. For example, Peden points out that the current 14th District includes many residents who work at NASA, while Paul consistently opposes funding of NASA on constitutional grounds. I will leave it to the pocket-Constitution carrying experts to determine the validity of Paul’s position legally, but it doesn’t take much acumen to see that it doesn’t sit well politically down around Clear Lake.

Peden told PJM that, in the remaining days before the primary, he intends to take other matters to the voters, such as the “yet unsolved mystery of the racially controversial newsletters authored under Paul’s name during the nineties.” He also is reminding voters in this conservative district of Paul’s position on funding of our troops in a time of armed conflict. (He also might want to mention Paul’s 9-11 delusions and his belief that mall security guards were providing better security than our troops in Iraq.)

It appears, though, that the Paul Congressional campaign has awakened and is ramping up its efforts to keep the seat:

Paul’s supporters themselves seem to be worried. They have switched fund-raising efforts on their website The Daily Paul in recent days from the presidency to his congressional race.

So Dr. Earmarks seems to have a bit of a tussle on his hands after all. But Peden may well wish Paul’s re-election staff had remained asleep at the switch. It is well-documented how Paul can call upon his devoted followers, on short notice, to deliver the cash (from whatever source) and Paul is likely to swamp District 14 voters with his congressional pitch between now and March 4. That and the power of incumbency combine, in my book, to keep Peden the underdog in this race. On the other hand, how many would have predicted that Peden would even become a serious threat to the Lake Jackson physician who has “delivered more than 4,000 babies”?

At least the next 12 days might be interesting down yonder.

http://lonestartimes.com/2008/02/20/could-ron-paul-really-fall/

ron-paul-support.jpg

Love the picture. We'll see if he falls. The redistricting they did was made to try to oust his libertine behind.

Back