Ronald Reagan Endorsment

I don't care to argue about Reagan because I'm not that interested, but Cold War, double digit inflation, double diget unemployment before he went in, greatest boom in mankind after.

I don't care to argue about Reagan because I'm not that interested, but Cold War, double digit inflation, double diget unemployment before he went in, greatest boom in mankind after.

Greatest boom in mankind?

WTF?

VOLKER solved the crisis. Volker the DEMOCRAT. Reagan didn't do shit, he just got all the credit.

The 90's wasn't the greatest boom in mankind? Plus no bigger Volcker guy than me on here and no one on this site knows more about Volcker or that time era for economic policy. Reagans tax cuts and deregulation were not as big a factor as Volckers Inflation fighting but they helped enormously, plus he stood behind Volcker and reappointed him then appointed Greenspan who was a great Monetarist until 9-11. I think between getting old and 9-11 Greenspans brain melted or something.

Reagan did prove that the defecit did not matter though.
;)

Deficits don't matter if the return is greater than the investment. How you quantify Reagans work and spending to help end the Cold War in economic terms can only be a guess.

Back