Ronald Reagan Endorsment

imo.gif

The 90's wasn't the greatest boom in mankind? Plus no bigger Volcker guy than me on here and no one on this site knows more about Volcker or that time era for economic policy. Reagans tax cuts and deregulation were not as big a factor as Volckers Inflation fighting but they helped enormously, plus he stood behind Volcker and reappointed him then appointed Greenspan who was a great Monetarist until 9-11. I think between getting old and 9-11 Greenspans brain melted or something.

Greenspan changed his mind after Monetarism single-handedly caused the 2000 recession. Reagan's tax cuts were inflationary and made it more difficult for Volcker to do what he had to do.

"If you've seen one redwood you've seen them all"

The attempt to dam the Colorado River.

Listing ketsup as a vegetable for school lunches.

James Watt as Secretary of the Interior.

Glorify Reagan all you want, but he screwed some things up royally.

"If you've seen one redwood you've seen them all"

The attempt to dam the Colorado River.

Listing ketsup as a vegetable for school lunches.

James Watt as Secretary of the Interior.

Glorify Reagan all you want, but he screwed some things up royally.
He was human. He made some mistakes. Shit I voted against him in 84 which was the first election I could vote. On the plus side, he made the military great again, I know I served in it. He accelerated the end of the cold war and the destruction of Soviet Style totalitarianism. Eastern Europe owes the bulk of their freedom to him. Iran Contra is a horrible stain on his presidency but I truly believe he was incapable of being president anymore at that time and Bush and the cabinet should have removed him. Iran Contra was Olie North and William Casey, I really believe Reagan had no idea it was going on so that he could have deniabilty. In hindsight Reagan was very good for this country. He made people proud to be Americans again. We were only 5 years removed from the longest most humiliating defeat that we had ever suffered, whoevers fault that was. Like I said last week, Dems get apoplectic when they hear his name and hear anyone praise him. He was not as great as Republicans make him out to be and he was not the evil that Dems make him out to be. He was the leader we needed at the time and he did his job well.

He was human. He made some mistakes. Shit I voted against him in 84 which was the first election I could vote. On the plus side, he made the military great again, I know I served in it. He accelerated the end of the cold war and the destruction of Soviet Style totalitarianism. Eastern Europe owes the bulk of their freedom to him. Iran Contra is a horrible stain on his presidency but I truly believe he was incapable of being president anymore at that time and Bush and the cabinet should have removed him. Iran Contra was Olie North and William Casey, I really believe Reagan had no idea it was going on so that he could have deniabilty. In hindsight Reagan was very good for this country. He made people proud to be Americans again. We were only 5 years removed from the longest most humiliating defeat that we had ever suffered, whoevers fault that was. Like I said last week, Dems get apoplectic when they hear his name and hear anyone praise him. He was not as great as Republicans make him out to be and he was not the evil that Dems make him out to be. He was the leader we needed at the time and he did his job well.

No see, I can handle someone who looks at the positives and thinks Reagan did well.

Its the "He was the greatest american to ever live" crowd that need to be slapped.

No see, I can handle someone who looks at the positives and thinks Reagan did well.

Its the "He was the greatest american to ever live" crowd that need to be slapped.
It's like the people who talk up Jefferson.

He was against most of the things he did that defined his Presidency before he became the President.

Even the system of finance he used to pay for the Louisiana Purchase he was against before he used it. He also didn't believe that the purchase itself was constitutional and was roundly criticized for being a hypocrite when he went through with it. He expanded, not retracted the powers of the Executive and the Federal Government all while preaching against it.

Does that mean he wasn't one of the best ever? Of course it doesn't. The third President was definitely one of the best, he just found that pragmatism and ideology sometimes do not meet.

Damo you just don't like Jefferson because he wasn't a Mason.
:D

Btw are there many/any democrat Masons ? all I have ever known were Republicans. Including a few relatives.

It's like the people who talk up Jefferson.

He was against most of the things he did that defined his Presidency before he became the President.

Even the system of finance he used to pay for the Louisiana Purchase he was against before he used it. He also didn't believe that the purchase itself was constitutional and was roundly criticized for being a hypocrite when he went through with it. He expanded, not retracted the powers of the Executive and the Federal Government all while preaching against it.

Does that mean he wasn't one of the best ever? Of course it doesn't. The third President was definitely one of the best, he just found that pragmatism and ideology sometimes do not meet.
Yeah, I've never been a fan of Jefferson's ideology or character, but he definitely was an effective president, despite that...

Damo you just don't like Jefferson because he wasn't a Mason.
:D

Btw are there many/any democrat Masons ? all I have ever known were Republicans. Including a few relatives.
Yes, there are quite a few. Including Thomas Jefferson.

There are records published from the Grand Lodge of Virginia that list him as a Master Mason. Up until 1832 all of the Presidents except the Adams were Masons.

And I never said I didn't like him, just that the position itself seems to create a gravity that draws power to it. The deal for the Louisiana territory was too good of a deal to pass up and he knew it. He did what he felt was necessary.

Yes, there are quite a few. Including Thomas Jefferson.

There are records published from the Grand Lodge of Virginia that list him as a Master Mason. Up until 1832 all of the Presidents except the Adams were Masons.

And I never said I didn't like him, just that the position itself seems to create a gravity that draws power to it. The deal for the Louisiana territory was too good of a deal to pass up and he knew it. He did what he felt was necessary.

So what part of America does your local lodge have absolute and total life and death control over?

Back