RP Spammers Unite to Win North Carolina County Strawpoll

Paul is the ONLY person in Congress to get a 100% rating from the John Birch Society

I don't like this. This is pretty freaky

So what his his denial "quite believable" .. particularly when he stated "voters would not understand my tongue-in-cheek academic writings?"

I haven't read all your links, but if this is accurate, I'm calling bullshit on this

Dude, not trying to be a prick but that blue is killing my eyes....

But yeah, that austin chronicle link does not actually quote him saying 'my toungue-in-cheek academic writings'.

I actually agree with this, in a way. Often people believe in it so strongly that they take it places it shouldn't go. It is why I am not a Libertarian Party member. Well, one of the reasons. That and I am no "pure" libertarian. I am a constitutional conservative that leans libertarian.

Well I think of you as a liberal anyway Damo. I think RJS has the wrong "not a lefty lefty" in SuperFreak. But that's just how I prefer to think of you. There's really nothing you can do about it either. I can even put you in little outfits in my head, if I want to. Ones liberals would wear, of course. Nothing dirty, don't get alarmed BB.

I see no quote where Ron claims them as his own. The only place I see that is the link you provided from the Austin Chronicle and the only quoted piece is the 'toungue-in-cheek' part. They don't quote him saying they were his, because he never said that.

It's your choice to deny the obvious .. now deny his associations and participation with vile hate groups. The evidence of that is right in front of your face.

Well I think of you as a liberal anyway Damo. I think RJS has the wrong "not a lefty lefty" in SuperFreak. But that's just how I prefer to think of you. There's really nothing you can do about it either. I can even put you in little outfits in my head, if I want to. Ones liberals would wear, of course. Nothing dirty, don't get alarmed BB.

At what?..You and damo would make a perfect couple...textbook'Opposits' attract!:cof1:

Last year, Paul invited Chris Simcox, the founder and president of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, to be the events special guest, after Tom Tancredo wouldn't show up..
http://www.offthekuff.com/mt/archives/007808.html#007808

Simcox has a criminal record. He was convicted on a federal weapons charge. He has exhibited so much violent, deranged, and irrational behavior that the courts ended his joint custody arrangement with his ex-wife for his son. His own 14 year-old daughter from his first ex-marriage, who was living with him at the time, ran away to the home of his employer and said that her father had tried to sexually molest her.

He claims he's seen Chinese troops along the Mexican border.

In a speech to the California Coalition on Immigration Reform, a hate group whose leader, Barbara Coe, routinely refers to Mexicans as "savages," Simcox offered a dire warning to his audience.

"Take heed of our weapons because we're going to defend our borders by any means necessary," he said. "There's something very fishy going on at the border. The Mexican army is driving American vehicles -- but carrying Chinese weapons. I have personally seen what I can only believe to be Chinese troops."
http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2006/01/march-of-minutemen_18.html

What sane politician would keep such associations and expect to be the president?

I actually agree with this, in a way. Often people believe in it so strongly that they take it places it shouldn't go. It is why I am not a Libertarian Party member. Well, one of the reasons. That and I am no "pure" libertarian. I am a constitutional conservative that leans libertarian.

QFT, I bailed from my membership role with the Libertarian Party of Ohio and actually stopped donating to them a few years back. It was when we had our county party vote that I decided I was done, had about 24 people show up and 10 of them were paranoid.... I like the idea though of smaller government and think we need some Libertarian representation in government, but I would never want a purely libertarian world.

Last year, Paul invited Chris Simcox, the founder and president of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, to be the events special guest, after Tom Tancredo wouldn't show up..

Simcox has a criminal record. He was convicted on a federal weapons charge. He has exhibited so much violent, deranged, and irrational behavior that the courts ended his joint custody arrangement with his ex-wife for his son. His own 14 year-old daughter from his first ex-marriage, who was living with him at the time, ran away to the home of his employer and said that her father had tried to sexually molest her.

In a speech to the California Coalition on Immigration Reform, a hate group whose leader, Barbara Coe, routinely refers to Mexicans as "savages," Simcox offered a dire warning to his audience.

"Take heed of our weapons because we're going to defend our borders by any means necessary," he said. "There's something very fishy going on at the border. The Mexican army is driving American vehicles -- but carrying Chinese weapons. I have personally seen what I can only believe to be Chinese troops."

What sane politician would keep such associations and expect to be the president?

He spoke to the 9/11 truthers too. Thing is, when you represent a bunch of people that dislike government, you are going to get a bunch of paranoid freaks, anarchists, people who were screwed over by government or government programs (that's me), and people who just hate taxes. You distance yourself from them and you have no base....

QFT, I bailed from my membership role with the Libertarian Party of Ohio and actually stopped donating to them a few years back. It was when we had our county party vote that I decided I was done, had about 24 people show up and 10 of them were paranoid.... I like the idea though of smaller government and think we need some Libertarian representation in government, but I would never want a purely libertarian world.

Deny his associations and participation with vile hate groups. The evidence of that is right in front of your face.

Oh man, these border whackos are real winners. What freaks. You see them sometimes on Dobbs' show too. And they really poison the debate. There are legit points to bring up about repressed wages, and corporations buying politicians for an endless supply of cheap labor.

Yeah, I agree, no sane person would have any part of these people.

He spoke to the 9/11 truthers too. Thing is, when you represent a bunch of people that dislike government, you are going to get a bunch of paranoid freaks, anarchists, people who were screwed over by government or government programs (that's me), and people who just hate taxes. You distance yourself from them and you have no base....

So you're saying his base is kooks, whackos, racists, freaks, and anarchists.

I agree.

No, you're right.

Its just crazy to pander to extremist xenophobes. Why bother? Unless these are the type of people voting for, and supporting Ron Paul in south texas. I can't really see any other reason to directly associate one's self with them.

The immigration debate can be had with rational, logical people. There's no need to involve frothing-at-the-mouth, wild-eyed lunatics.

No, you're right.

Its just crazy to pander to extremist xenophobes. Why bother? Unless these are the type of people voting for, and supporting Ron Paul in south texas. I can't really see any other reason to directly associate one's self with them.

The immigration debate can be had with rational, logical people. There's no need to involve frothing-at-the-mouth, wild-eyed lunatics.

LOL, sounds like an LP party meeting... which is why I just decided not to participate with them anymore. Its actually the paranoid ones that participate more than the ones that are just 'leave me alone' type of libertarians. Makes it kind of hard to get serious recognition, especially when they vote for black horse candidates and beleive notoriety is ok because it gives us press.

You may think of me as you wish.

Back