Russert shouldn't moderate debates

Onceler

Did anyone see him last night? He was out of hand; he tried to make himself part of the story. It was hard to watch at times.

I thought he was pretty unfair to both candidates, and extremely badgering, particularly at times when they had clearly provided as good an answer as they could. He just kept going; he was just trying to get that "gotcha" moment that all the news outlets would focus on afterwards.

To show how dis-interested in all this I have become, I didn't even know there was a debate. Went to bed about 10:30 and would have turned the TV on to check out some of the day's political news in a state of sleepiness but the wife turned me on instead so we passed the time before sleep in another way.;)

To show how dis-interested in all this I have become, I didn't even know there was a debate. Went to bed about 10:30 and would have turned the TV on to check out some of the day's political news in a state of sleepiness but the wife turned me on instead so we passed the time before sleep in another way.;)

That's much better time management than I was able to muster. I hadn't planned on watching the thing, but all of the rhetoric over the past few days sucked me back in, and I ended up wasting the full hour & a half.

Did anyone see him last night? He was out of hand; he tried to make himself part of the story. It was hard to watch at times.

I thought he was pretty unfair to both candidates, and extremely badgering, particularly at times when they had clearly provided as good an answer as they could. He just kept going; he was just trying to get that "gotcha" moment that all the news outlets would focus on afterwards.

I thought he looked like they might have to bring in animal control with a tranq gun.

I was so wishing that one of them would say, hey Tim, why don't you calm down Tim? It's going to be OK Tim... Obama would have been best suited to say that. It would have been funny if he had said it.

I thought he looked like they might have to bring in animal control with a tranq gun.

I was so wishing that one of them would say, hey Tim, why don't you calm down Tim? It's going to be OK Tim... Obama would have been best suited to say that. It would have been funny if he had said it.
I think it would have been even funnier if Hillary was the one to say it.

I think it would have been even funnier if Hillary was the one to say it.

LOL. Well, I've seen her be charming, so she could do it, but considering how wild-eyed she's looked lately - in fact, just like Tim's twin! - I think it would have been more effective coming from the calm demeanor of Obama.

I mean, at one point he looked like War Pigs should have been blasting in the background. I think he is upset that the war might end, who knows, but he looked freaked out.

Russert usually has a wild look about him when talking politics. This begs the question though: Who has been the best moderator for all these debates?

Russert usually has a wild look about him when talking politics. This begs the question though: Who has been the best moderator for all these debates?
Well, I don't know who the best moderator is, but I know I'm voting for Tim Russert for President!

Speaking of Hillary's wide eyeness, did anyone else think she looked too angry several times last night? I thought she was having a hard time with controlling the facial features.

Campbell Brown was okay; they've all been pretty bad, though. Wolf Blitzer was terrible, and the Williams/Russert tag team has always been bad.

The media is so different today than they were even 10 years ago. Everyone wants that "gotcha" moment; they want that byte that all the networks play over & over again, even if it doesn't reflect the truth. Like Obama's "Farrakhan" moment last night; it was clear how he felt, but Russert was trying to parse words to - pretty dishonestly - still leave a question in viewer's minds, and make it look like Obama was hedging.

This was debate number 342 of the primaries. It was either watch "Obama and the loser" or "the biggest loser" last night. I watched the latter.

I'll pay attention to the debates once Obama drops the dead weight and starts going toe-to-toe with McCain.

russert is pretty lame.

I noticed that hillary, for the first time to my knowlege, unequivocally stated that she regreted her Iraq vote and would like to have a do-over on it.

Its a little late in coming.

russert is pretty lame.

I noticed that hillary, for the first time to my knowlege, unequivocally stated that she regreted her Iraq vote and would like to have a do-over on it.

Its a little late in coming.

as we all know though it wasn't a vote for the war just an authorization of force.

Yeah, and the stupidest man in history "tricked" them into it because, you know, they are just that smart.

He tricked Hillary into it – but let’s not forget that the majority of democrats voted against that resolution. And many democrats not in congress, spoke out loudly against it, the most obvious being Al Gore, who was called a “lunatic” and told he “must be off his meds”, and he had gone “mad”.

So…

And of course as a disclaimer – yeah, I ‘m well aware he didn’t trick her. She triangulated. And now she won’t be the first woman president of the united states because of it. I guess in the long run, it really does pay to do what you know is the right thing.

Back